Towing issue around speed - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Towing
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Towing Discuss Anything Related To Towing With Your Diesel. Any RV-specific discussions belong here.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
fosbrink
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Towing issue around speed

Towed my 16ft landscape trailer with my 6x4 gator (1500lbs) and my zturn mower (1000lb for the first time with my new 2015 All Terrain. Gator was on the front and zturn on the back so more weight was on the tounge?? Right?? I could not go over 60mph with out the front wheel feeling like they are off the ground a hair. It didn't sway like if you had the load on wrong or too heavy in the back of the trailer? Truck is two weeks old.. Seemed like the front tires were cupped?? For a truck at weighed 7300lb a 1500lb trailer with 2500lb load on it does really seem a problem for such truck..

Any ideas..

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

Back to basics. Weigh the truck empty and weigh it with the trailer loaded with your stuff. Can't guess what MIGHT be the problem. Need to deal with facts. Was the front end really lighter? Might be, but you really don't know.

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jaybeecon
Diesel Pro

Also check the level of the trailer to the hitch ball height. Assuming it's a tandem trailer. If it's set up so that one of the tandem axles is pitched upwards compared to the other, you could have some trailer movement that will transfer to the truck.

'19 Colorado CC Z71 Longbed. 2.8 DMax. Pacific Blue

Down the road now -
'07.5 2500 CC 6.6
'02 2500 Xcab 8.1/Allison
'96 2500 Xcab 5.7/5-sp
'94 2500 Xcab 5.7/5-sp
Couple of Toy trucks before that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Yup. Tandem axle trailers to best level. And, if you can't lift the tongue or at least slide it around, it's loaded wrong. 4000# trailer should have a 400# tongue weight for best towing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 04-23-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
wyoscout
Diesel Starter

Armed Forces Club Member

x2 on heymccall's comment
Stainless Nerf Bars
Spray in bedliner
Aux LED B/U lights

Retired Navy Senior Chief

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in