'98 Brake Control Prewired? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Towing
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Towing Discuss Anything Related To Towing With Your Diesel. Any RV-specific discussions belong here.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Green2500HD4x4
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

'98 Brake Control Prewired?

Does anyone know if the 1998 C/K trucks with factory tow package have a direct plug in connector for the brake controler, or require wire splicing? Where under the dash would the connector be located - next to steering column, under HVAC controls? Thanks.

1993 Silverado 2500
4x4 w/ Eaton Locking Diff
449,000 MILES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
jimsbcs
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I don't think there is a plug inside the cab to connect to. I believe you will have to tap into the brake wire under the dash.
And there should be a heavy blue wire under the hood by fusebox, taped to the wire harness that goes to rear plug for the brakes.
In that same wire harness is a red (orange?) wire for aux. power to rear plug that can be attached the a fused power lug on the fuse box.(there's two of them on the back side of the fuse box) Also use that same power lug, or the one beside it, for the power supply to your brake controller. Hope I got this right.
Let me know if you have any more questions. Jim

Ranch Hand grillgaurd bumper combo
09' Bobcat S220
11' Bobcat E50 trackhoe
92' Autocar snowplow dumptruck Orange
72' Chevrolet 1/2 T 4x4 pick-up Orange&White LP Gas
64' Chevrolet Impala 2door hard top Black
08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Yellow
76' Chevrolet C65 dump truck Red LP Gas
68' Ford F250 4x4 Stepside Blue
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in