Diesel Place banner

TPMS compatibility

LBZ: 
4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Q101ATFD 
#1 ·
I searched back a number of years of posts, but couldn't find any pertinent info...

Are the 99-06.5 TPMS sensors the only ones compatible with my LBZ, or can I use sensors from 07-?? as well? It's a little confusing looking at all the different GM part numbers and trying to match with possible aftermarket parts. Just wondering if there's a year range I can look for besides trying to match up exactly with the truck.

Also have read conflicting information - do you need a relearn tool for a 2006 LBZ, or did that become a thing with 07+? I don't have TPMS now, but read that the receiver is in the DDM and it can be enabled with Tech2 - that's why I'm asking about a 14 year old truck...

#2 ·
Was able to get everything figured out. I don't "think" you need steering wheel controls for this to work, but you might not be able to scroll through and see the individual tire pressures, or see which one is low when the light turns on. For those of you wondering what you need to add TPMS to 99-07.5 models, you need the following parts:

• Passenger door module (OEM 10398572) - it must say "PDM w/ US RFA w/ TPM" on the label on the bottom. $40 on eBay or $110 for the Dorman. Parts from Tahoe/Suburban/Trailblazer should all work too. I've seen a couple other part numbers too with the appropriate label, but I can't verify.
  • TPMS sensor (OEM 15114379) - you can't use just any 300MHz sensor. I went with the less expensive Schrader 20107 for $25 each

Remove the passenger door panel to remove the PDM - there are videos that show you how to remove it without taking the door panel off - BUT there's a fastener that attaches the PDM to the door panel at the front of the PDM, facing upwards. You need to remove this to avoid ripping it from the fiberglass/foam since it's the only attachment point.

After you replace the PDM, your keyless entry will need to be relearned. Also, the tire light may or may not be lit on your dashboard, and you will get a "SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" alert on the DIC.

Take your truck to somebody or a dealer with a Tech2 and have them enable TPMS. Depending on the year, it might be under F1: Body, or F2: Chassis, under "Tire Pressure Monitor" - toggle to ON. Under "Special Functions," change the target tire pressure. Everything I've read indicates that it will alert after +/- 15-20% of the target pressure. The default is 35psi, so you need to change it while you're in there. Depending on the shop, they might not want to adjust from 80psi - offer to buy the tech lunch if you want it something different and they are hesitant.

Instructions to relearn all your keyless entry remotes are here:
https://www.programyourremote.com/c...ob-programming-instructions-listing-5236.aspx

Instructions to learn/initialize/relearn your TPMS sensors on install or tire rotation:
  1. Set the parking brake.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to RUN with the engine off.
  3. Turn the headlamp switch from off to parking lamps four times within three seconds. A double horn chirp indicates you are ready to relearn.
  4. Begin at LF tire, and release air for 10 seconds and listen for a single horn chirp. Do the same thing to the other tires in a clockwise fashion - RF, RR, LR.
  5. Check to make sure TPMS light is still flashing - turn the key to lock position to complete the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.