Diesel Place banner

06 Tire issue

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TheJDMan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys i got a 06 LBZ that sits stock lift wise//tire wise. a buddy of mine gave me a set of brand new 2019 chevy 2500 tires//rims that are 275/65/R18. i tried to put them on my self but i guess the hub bore sizes are different because i cant get the studs to line up. is there some sort of adapter or something i can change to get them to fit? i current run 285/75/R16's. ive tried searching the forums but havent come up with anything. thanks in advance

2006 LBZ

#2 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace
I moved your post over to "Wheels & Tires" for more appropriate answers to your question.

:thumb:

#3 ·
Go to or call discount tire or look up rims online and view what differences there are between them. Might be a workaround, might not.

#4 ·
Your lug pattern is 8×6.5" the 2011 newer trucks are 8×180mm except on duallys and they are 8×210mm. So your buddies wheels wont work, like you found out.
I personally wouldn't recommend adapters, as most of them are junk...especially if you actually use a truck for towing or hauling. They make them, but you may have to buy online, and some shops wont install them due to the liability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Your lug pattern is 8×6.5" the 2011 newer trucks are 8×180mm except on duallys and they are 8×210mm. So your buddies wheels wont work, like you found out.
I personally wouldn't recommend adapters, as most of them are junk...especially if you actually use a truck for towing or hauling. They make them, but you may have to buy online, and some shops wont install them due to the liability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This! Tell your buddy thanks for the wheels but no thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.