Diesel Place banner

2018 /2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 drw 20” tire size

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ackcyates 
#1 ·
Ok so we are looking at trading our 17 model 2500 in for a 3500 Dually. Our 17 model has been nothing but trouble with glow plug code after glow plug code and it’s quiet honestly become annoying. Anyways as luck would have it we just purchased a set of tires to place on our 17 when the factory fires were out so I’d hate to not be able to use them.

Our 17 has 20” rims. I see duallys all the time with 20s. My question is can/how would a person put a 285/60/20 on a dually? Can they fit stock? We would be first time dually owners. Always had srw trucks.

#2 ·
Beyond the basic 20" dually rim, you also want to make sure the rear tires don't touch each other when installed, including under load. If they do touch, then you'll need a spacer between the wheels to separate them a bit more. And you'll also want to check that the load rating for your tires are high enough for the truck and anything you want to tow.

For my truck (with completely different tires & wheels from yours), the stock tires used on a SRW are wider (but the same diameter) than the stock tires for a DRW, and I had some decent tires from a SRW that I wanted to use on it. They would touch if used in the rear, so I just have used a pair of them up front, and bought stock tires for the rear, and rotate front and rear tires separately.

#3 ·
We went with those particular tires because of the weight limit for them. The trailer we have is a little on the heavy side and the factory size 20s was being pushed to their limits with it.

I just hate that we’ve bought a brand new set of cooper discoverer at3 xlt 275/65/20s for our current truck and now we may not get to use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.