Diesel Place banner

Lug studs??

LML: 
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  btexpress 
#1 ·
Does any body know the lug stud dimensions? As in the old trucks were 8x6.5", then in 2011 it went to 8x180mm, what I need is the dimensions for the 2011 one ton Dually's. They are about 8.25" across (3 o’clock to 9 o’clock) or about 209mm, so what is the size, 8x???. Also, if any one can give me the lug stud thread size and pitch, it would be helpful. Thanks

#2 ·
They'll be specified in mm, not inches (or fractions of an inch). As well, rockauto likely has them, just not specifically listed as being for your vehicle (I got a set of lugs and studs from them, and I found the dimensions of the studs elsewhere, then did a part search for them on rockauto).

#3 · (Edited)
In an effort to give the most accurate information early in this thread, I have corrected some information I posted. 2011 and up dually's have a 8x210 mm bolt circle. Single wheel 2500 and 3500 trucks have a 8x180mm bolt circle.

#4 ·
Lug Studs???

I am still looking for the right answer. The Dully's are not 8x180mm, that is for the single rear wheels, the dully's are wider, the best I can measure is about 8x21?mm, I think about 210mm, but can't find it in writing any where. It looks to be about like the late Kodak 40's or 50's. Hope someone can come up with the answer, still looking.

This post has been deleted
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The bolt pattern refers to the bolt circle, not the distance across in case you are trying to measure the distance across, you won't get the correct measurement.

I am still waiting for an answer.
D.Cmailleri, if the old ones were 8x6.5, then 8x180mm which is the circle or the distance across, what else is there to describe it? The 6.5" is the distance across as well as the 180mm for the new single wheels. The wheels for a dually won't fit on a single wheel truck as they use to.

#7 ·
This I did not know, thank you! I haven't had the opportunity to replace tires on a 2011 or up dually yet.

#9 ·
Not only are the big bolt patterns a pain, the wheels that fit them from the aftermarket are very expensive too, almost double the cost of the 8-6.5 wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.