Diesel Place banner

Off Brand All Terrain Tires

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  D.Camilleri 
#1 ·
Has anyone had a good experience with an off brand lower cost all terrain tire? If so what brand? I'm sick of putting $1400 in Nitto, Toyo or BFG's on a yearly basis for a truck that's worth $10k...

#2 ·
don't use BFGs period. that may help your issue a bit.

#3 ·
Learned that lesson already. I went from Toyo to Nitto to BFG and back to Nitto. Never again BFG.

Reactions: johnH123
#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Discount Tire and I’m sure most of the tire dealers have a brand that they consider theirs for a lower price compared to the major names.
I don’t know the names, because I always buy the major brands.
Give your local tire dealers a phone call and see what they have to offer.

The last tire I would ever buy would be a Chinese brand or a look alike Chinese brand including made in Taiwan, I’ve had enough problems in the past with them coming apart.

#7 ·
Does your truck really need tires every year?

#9 ·
How many miles are you putting on a year? If you drive it like you stole it there's not going to be a tire that will last. I put on about 25k a year and I've have had great experinces wth BFG KM2, My last 3 sets I've gotten at least 60k out of them mostly driving back and forth to work(40 mile round trip) Cooper STT Pro are slightly cheaper and seemed to hold up on the last truck. I had 40k on them and there was plenty of tread left. I'm currently trying GY Dura Trac. Only got about 4k on them now, we'll see how they hold up.

#10 ·
It's not the roads miles and I drive my truck like a little old lady. Its the offroading I do on ranch roads for my job in the oil field that tears them up so quickly. That being said I typically put 30-35k miles a year on my rig. With the exception of the KO2's, its not the experience with the brands either. It's the price.

#11 ·
I'm not really sure that there is going to be an AT tire out there that is cheap and going to last with the time/miles that you put on. I've tried many brands and treads but found most of the time you get what you pay for. If you looking to save money and buy the "cheaper" tire they usually don't last as long, but if you spend the money and get the "better" tires they typically last longer. Some guys have good luck with a tire and the next guy you talk to says that those were the worst tires ever put on, it all depends on the person and thier expectations. Been putting on the Firestone Transforce AT on the work trucks for a long time and have had good luck with them, they have good traction, low noise and last, but I know some Ram owners that had them from the factory and others that have put them on their trucks that say there the WORST tire ever made:confuzeld. I never thought that I would get 60k out of a MT tire but I figured I'd give it a shot and it paid off. Like you, I didn't like spending that much money but it paid off because the cheaper tires I had on before only lasted around 30k. Please keep us updated with what you purchase and how long that they last, I might switch over to an AT tire down the road and like you need something that is going to last.:thumb:

#14 ·
I have been selling a lot of the Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP this year, so far a great tire at a price that is cheaper than most other US made tires. Tire is made by Cooper and I have a set on my 17 L5P and so far with 4k on the tires in a 285/65R18 they are holding up very well. Low noise, great traction, tough compound with high silica.

Reactions: BanksLB7Duramax
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.