Off Brand All Terrain Tires - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Wheels & Tires
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Wheels & Tires Discuss wheels & tires.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Babin Farms
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

I'm not really sure that there is going to be an AT tire out there that is cheap and going to last with the time/miles that you put on. I've tried many brands and treads but found most of the time you get what you pay for. If you looking to save money and buy the "cheaper" tire they usually don't last as long, but if you spend the money and get the "better" tires they typically last longer. Some guys have good luck with a tire and the next guy you talk to says that those were the worst tires ever put on, it all depends on the person and thier expectations. Been putting on the Firestone Transforce AT on the work trucks for a long time and have had good luck with them, they have good traction, low noise and last, but I know some Ram owners that had them from the factory and others that have put them on their trucks that say there the WORST tire ever made. I never thought that I would get 60k out of a MT tire but I figured I'd give it a shot and it paid off. Like you, I didn't like spending that much money but it paid off because the cheaper tires I had on before only lasted around 30k. Please keep us updated with what you purchase and how long that they last, I might switch over to an AT tire down the road and like you need something that is going to last.

SOLD 2008 6.7 3500 CCLBSW 4X4 G56 w/South Bend Clutch

SOLD 2001 Chevy K2500HD Ex-cab LB7
255/85/16 BFG MT
8' Western plow w/wings
Chrome DMI
Truxedo Bed Cover
Rebuilt filter head
230,000 miles
New injectors and HG @ 85,000
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
snarl95
Diesel Apprentice

how about toyo m55 or falken wildpeak at3w

Old 06-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
timzr
Gear Grinder

MT or DC

Iíve always had good luck with Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek. Tire Rack has Trail Country EXC for $192 in 285/70/17 load range E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 12:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Lead Moderator
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

I have been selling a lot of the Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP this year, so far a great tire at a price that is cheaper than most other US made tires. Tire is made by Cooper and I have a set on my 17 L5P and so far with 4k on the tires in a 285/65R18 they are holding up very well. Low noise, great traction, tough compound with high silica.
2017 3500HD CCLB Black on Black LTZ Loaded L5P, Banks Derringer with I dash, Ranch Hand bumper with 18K superwinch talon, Curt 20k puck hitch, 60 gallon aluminum transfer tank with electric pump, Onan Quiet Diesel 5500 for extra weight in the bed, Cooper STT PRO 285/65R18 and Vision Manic wheels. 2nd set of tires and wheels, Cepek Trail Country EXP 285/65R18 on Ultra Predator II Black/Machined 18x9

2018 Solitude 310GK fifth wheel with a 12' Haulmark tag trailer to haul toys in.

1997 Jeep TJ, Currie 8.8 high pinion axles front and rear with ARB air lockers, 4.56, 5 on 5.5 with warn hub kit, Atlas II transfer case with Klune V doubler, 4 inch Currie Lift and 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels, Ramsey 9500 winch, hydraulic ram assist steering, on board welder and on board air, custom aluminum fuel tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in