Diesel Place banner

Hunter Force balance

Question: 
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  morgtruk 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used or watched a Hunter Force balance machine used with the GM prescribed 8 on 180 flange adapter to perform the " GM 180 match mount procedure " to force balance our truck tires? There are a couple of bulletins that state Hunter is the only machine to be used on GM vehicles. All the local GM ( GMC , Chevrolet , Cadillac ,etc . ) have the Hunter machines but no one has the 8 on 180 flange adapter. They are using the standard collet cone to hold the wheel and tire on the machine. The adapter uses the center hole and 4 of the 8 lug holes to keep the tire exactly on center. There is quite long special program to use when balancing the tires of our truck with this wheel bolt pattern.

#2 ·
All-righty then!

#3 ·
I have a Coats 3D balancer in my shop and we use adjustable pin plates to balance off of the bolt pattern. Depending on the type of rims you have you will notice a huge difference in the quality of the ride.

#4 ·
This is good info, thanks
I just had a force balance done for my oem rims and Michelins, they are over 10 yrs, but hardly any mileage, cracking. Two tires were not able to balance, they are on the rear now. But I was not aware of the machine or adapter.

#6 ·
yeah, I agree, they seem to have good integrity, no threads showing thru the cracks, they came on the truck when I bought it. I will either use them for burnouts, or put them on a wood slag pile and burn them, good firestarter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.