Diesel Place banner

Highest Load Rating 18" 8x180 Wheel?

L5P: 
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  D.Camilleri 
#1 ·
Greetings. I do not have a problem with my stock 2019 18" Chromed stock wheels other than there is no credible proof of the load capacity of these wheels. I suspect they are 4k+, but who knows. So, that had me considering other wheels. Most come in the mid-3k range (which is why I assume the stockers are 4k+). However, Method NV HD wheels are 4500#. That would work, but I really don't like fake beadlocks (real beadlocks are another matter). Anyone know of any other 4500#-ish load rated wheels (verifiable) in 18"? Thanks!!

#2 ·
If you want a strong wheel, go with a forged wheel. They are much stronger than a cast wheel, and they are lighter.

Unfortunately, most people are only concerned with looks so the market is completely dominated with cheap cast aluminum wheels imported from China. I have heard many stories of cast wheels cracking and breaking, even when not towing. There have been many articles describing the difference between cast and forged, and the advantage of forged. Again, because of the availability of super cheap imported wheels the amount of companies making forged wheels has steadily declined and it’s getting harder to find a forged wheel, but if you’re serious about a strong wheel it’s worth the effort and expense to go forged.

#3 ·
Most wheels have a load rating cast into the inside of the wheel. Typically the factory wheels will be rated the same as the factory tires. 4500 load rating is a stout wheel rating. Mine are 3640

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.