BFG KO2's....opinions? - Page 5 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Wheels & Tires
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

Wheels & Tires Discuss wheels & tires.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
97chevor
Diesel Boss

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I never ran kos, rubber looks way to soft for a diesel. Did run a set of Bfg rugged tails, they passed my test for longevity while pulling.
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...SABEgKugPD_BwE

2013 LT CC & Chassis with 9' Hillsboro Aluminum flatbed - under 84,000 miles - sold

Favorite book : The Richest Man in Babylon

Last edited by 97chevor; 05-05-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Sam I am
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I'm on my 2nd set of KO2's...I got 64,000 miles out of the first set. Almost all highway miles towing a big Ranger Walleye boat. I lost a couple miles per gallon as I went with teh 10 ply LT's but they towed great.

Road force balance the KO2's...makes all the difference in the world. I've had mine well above 90 mph and very smooth. I'm 2000 miles into my second set. So far so good.

1998 GMC Suburban Heavy Half, "F" VIN, 3.42 Gears, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Weather Tech Floor System, Goeske 2" Wheel Spacers, Astro Start Remote Start, Bug Shield, Window WX Shields, New Monroe Reflex Shocks in Front, Coil Over Shocks in the Rear, Mandrel Bent Crossover, Draw-Tite Receiver Hitch, new Idler Arm and Pitman Arm, PMD Relocated to bumper, Interstate Megatron Plus's.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Beels
Diesel Fanatic

I just traded a '16 Ram 1500 CC 4X4 5.7L on my '19 Chev. Had BFG K02's on it in an 8 ply. I had a set of the original KO's back in the day on a '01 GMC 2500 CC 4X4 with an 8.1L. The KO2s are a way better tire than the originals. The reason I say that is the originals were horrible in snow and ice due to the harder compound. The tire last longer but at the expense of cold weather traction. I was very impressed with the K02's in the winter on the half ton. The negatives I found were they throw rocks really bad and chew the lips of the fenders up, and they got louder as they wore down. Rotated every oil change and were Road Force balanced originally. Never had a problem that way and they wore even. I did lose some mileage but I expect that with a more aggressive tire. I don't think the 10 ply would be a whole bunch different.
The last diesel I had, I had a set of Hankook RW11's on it. Sold it to my father and he's still running those tires (doesn't put a whole bunch of miles on). The only thing I don't like with those is them being directional, so you can't rotate traditionally without remounting the tires and balancing.
As far as tires on this new '19, I don't know what I should do. I'm going to try to run these GY SRA's and if they're horrible this winter, I may buy a set of dedicated winter skins and pop the GY back on in the summer.

Sold - '06 GMC 2500HD 4X4 CCSB LLY
Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Magnaflow 4" SS downpipe back exhaust, blocked and fingered, PPE airbox mod, trans-cooler lines perma-fixed, Titan fuel tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
gillguy01
Diesel Student

Liked my BFG's. Currently running Cooper MT's but probably going back to the BFG's
Old 10-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Beels
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beels View Post
I just traded a '16 Ram 1500 CC 4X4 5.7L on my '19 Chev. Had BFG K02's on it in an 8 ply. I had a set of the original KO's back in the day on a '01 GMC 2500 CC 4X4 with an 8.1L. The KO2s are a way better tire than the originals. The reason I say that is the originals were horrible in snow and ice due to the harder compound. The tire last longer but at the expense of cold weather traction. I was very impressed with the K02's in the winter on the half ton. The negatives I found were they throw rocks really bad and chew the lips of the fenders up, and they got louder as they wore down. Rotated every oil change and were Road Force balanced originally. Never had a problem that way and they wore even. I did lose some mileage but I expect that with a more aggressive tire. I don't think the 10 ply would be a whole bunch different.
The last diesel I had, I had a set of Hankook RW11's on it. Sold it to my father and he's still running those tires (doesn't put a whole bunch of miles on). The only thing I don't like with those is them being directional, so you can't rotate traditionally without remounting the tires and balancing.
As far as tires on this new '19, I don't know what I should do. I'm going to try to run these GY SRA's and if they're horrible this winter, I may buy a set of dedicated winter skins and pop the GY back on in the summer.
Update; Ran the Goodyear SRA all last winter and was pretty impressed with them. Deep snow traction was lacking (to be expected) but they're not bad at all on ice. There's enough siping on them that they ended up being better than I thought. Been rotating them religiously and they seem to be standing up. Going to stick with them for now.

Sold - '06 GMC 2500HD 4X4 CCSB LLY
Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Magnaflow 4" SS downpipe back exhaust, blocked and fingered, PPE airbox mod, trans-cooler lines perma-fixed, Titan fuel tank
Old 11-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #46 (permalink)
MRC
Glow Plug

Not a fan of the KO2's. Could not get them to balance on my last 17 2500. Put on a set of Nitto G2's, best tire I've had to date. Super smooth, quiet and wear very well. Put a set on my 2020 and love em.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
D_R_C
Diesel Prodigy

Nitto Ridge Grapplers are even nicer than the G2's and just as quiet.
My 285/70/17 G2's went from my GMC to my 79 Chevy K20 when I bought my 295/55/20 Ridge Grapplers for my 3500.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-route
AirDog 4G100

2007 GMC Yukon Denali "BLACK" 6.2 gasser, DIY stock airbox mod, K & N OEM drop-in, Airaid intake tube, EFILive TCM tuned
Old 11-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
gmc502
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

how are the nitto's in snow and maybe plowing w/ them.
SoCal 5-6 speed conversion

2016 Denali Dmax white w/ black leather,leveled,stock for now
Old 11-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
D_R_C
Diesel Prodigy

That I can’t answer, I only know about how they work when a haboob/sand storm hits Phx.

Get on Nitto’s website go on the G2 and Ridge Grapplers section.
They have ratings and reviews for just about every situation you might be in.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-route
AirDog 4G100

2007 GMC Yukon Denali "BLACK" 6.2 gasser, DIY stock airbox mod, K & N OEM drop-in, Airaid intake tube, EFILive TCM tuned

Last edited by D_R_C; 11-06-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #50 (permalink)
HWI
Clutch

The Ridge Grapplers are awesome. Personally, the best balance of off-road and on-road capability that I've seen in a tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in