Diesel Place banner

Largest tires on a stock 2017 2500 High Country?

209K views 114 replies 47 participants last post by  Nordic 
#1 ·
What is the largest tire size you guys have been able to comfortably fit on a 2017 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 with 20" factory wheels?

#96 ·
275/65/20 is the stock tire size on the 20” F250 and F350...So lots of options and plenty of new take offs available. I found a set and put them on my stock High Country (Michelin LTX AT2’s). I took them off because they looked a bit to skinny for my liking.

#98 ·
Was looking at BFG KO2's in 275/65/20 and noticed two different listings in the same size, saw this in the notes and thought it was interesting, the ones with the "DT" designation are a couple bucks more per tire.

Note: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.

All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires labeled "DT" utilize a different tread compound designed to improve wear in high-torque applications and improved chip and tear resistance in gravel. Tires featuring this compound carry a 50,000-Mile Treadwear Warranty and are NOT branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol. They can be identified by the "DT" branding on the sidewall immediately following the service description, and are labeled on the Specs page and in search results.

#99 ·
Has anyone tried Cooper's Discoverer AT3 XLT yet ? Pictures ? I'm tempted to try them...

#115 ·
I run these tires on my work truck. I live up north in Buffalo and tow my sleds up to the Adirondacks all the time so i needed good long lasting tires. Could not get three winters out of Nitto or Goodyears so i put cooper AT3 XLT's on heading into my 4th winter and have no concerns about the tread depth (ran all three brands on same truck,2012) I have 40,000 miles on them. When my daily driver 2500hd Denali gets new tires in the spring these will be going on. I'm an old man that has been building show cars and trucks for almost 40 years. They are good tires.

#100 · (Edited)
what is everybody using (if anything) to adjust the speedometer once the bigger tires are installed? I'm now driving a '15 Denali 2500, guess my signature needs updated...

#104 ·
You can probably safely run 275/70R18 or 285/65R18, 295/70R18 might fit with torsion bars cranked, but if you want to try, mount a front one and check it for fit. They wouldn't fit on my 2017 3500 with after market wheels due to the difference in offset.

#108 ·
Had my GMC 3500HD all Terrain for 3 months now. Stock wheels 18's, tires need replacing, currently have 265/70/18 Michelin on them.

I want to up side tires, keep stock wheels if possible (unless there is any gain on changing). I plan to use truck primary for pulling my race car trailer 30ft (race mk1 custom rabbit), so need tires for that usage. I am thinking going 285/65/R18, not sure what type of tires though.

Any help on size and brand of tires would be appreciated. thanks Simon.

#109 ·
Either 285/65R18 or 275/70R18 would be a good choice, speedo should be right on. As for brand, if highway and towing is primary, I would stick with Michelin all season. If you want more traction, I am very fond of the new Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP. mine are wearing very well and they have good traction and not too loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.