Diesel Place banner

Largest tires on a stock 2017 2500 High Country?

209K views 114 replies 47 participants last post by  Nordic 
#1 ·
What is the largest tire size you guys have been able to comfortably fit on a 2017 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 with 20" factory wheels?

#59 ·
Just installed 295/55r20 ditto ridge grapplers today on my truck. Zero rubbing and no mods done.

#61 ·
285 55 20's

I put 285 55 20's on my truck with no problems, probably could have gone a tad taller, but wanted to retain close to stock diameter. I tow a ton and didn't want to mess with MPH calculations or rubbing issues. Pretty happy with the results.

Toyo ATII Extremes with Fuel Cleaver Wheels.

Bad picture, but you get the idea.

#67 ·
Has anyone tried Cooper's new Discoverer AT3 XLT ?

Bought a new High Country and looking to trade out my OE tires.

I'm usually a Terra Grappler or KO2 guy...

#69 ·
#71 ·
i'm actually looking at the 285/60/20 vs 285/65/20. 35.5" tall vs 34" but slightly wider. why is most looking to stay more narrow and only going taller? Seems to me these tire look very narrow...

So will the 285/60/20's rub due to width? Sounds like height is ok but not sure on width part.

#73 ·
Avery0 - I ordered BFG KO2 265/60/20 (stock size) because I checked with 3 different shops and they all told me there was no way a BFG KO2 285/60/20 would fit on a STOCK tuck without any modifications. The 275/60/20 is only a D load rating. I have yet to have anyone confirm locally or on any forum that a 285/60/20 BFG will fit on an unmolested rig. Everyone chiming in has turned the keys, cranked the bars, or leveled it etc. The title of the thread is "STOCK" that means no modifications to me. If you get the 285/60/20 to fit without rubbing anywhere please post pics and let the forum know. Good luck.

#74 ·
Oh wow totally overlooked the weight rating. So I guess I need to focus on the 285/60/20’s. I’m surprise no one’s tried them yet without modifying and or turn the keys etc. on their trucks. Seems like the perfect size for someone that wants to go slightly larger with no modifications

#79 ·
Yes, they fit with no rubbing. However, it seems that the ride height varies even among identically equipped trucks. There is a thread somewhere, where a guy went to a dealership and measured several trucks and found them to be as much as 1" difference between them. I measured carefully and did a lot of research before purchasing as well as I had an appointment to have the torsion bars turned if needed. I wound up not needing anything.

#81 ·
Only by people with altered trucks. Everyone had an opinion but never proved 285/60/20 would actually fit on a STOCK truck...or provided pics confirming this. That's the problem..opinions from people with altered trucks..no pics and facts. The original question was how big on a stock HD? A recent poster just confirmed 275/65/20 fits, but will a 285/60/20 fit = a bigger tire again? And even more recently and specifically the BFG KO2? As it sits this forum is still waiting +80 posts later for an actual answer on the BFG 285. At least no one started an entirely new post and utilized the current threads to be efficient and keep data consolidated.

#83 · (Edited by Moderator)
THREAD UPDATE

285/60-20 DO fit a STOCK suspension STOCK wheel truck.

I have a 2017 2500 high country L5P. I have completely stock suspension, never touched the torsion bars at all. It has the stock wheels, and mudflaps. I put on Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/60-20 and they fit absolutely perfect. NO rubbing whatsoever, I didn't have to trim or tie back anything. Literally just mounted them up and that's it. Doesn't rub anywhere, I've driven on them a bit so I've been full lock forward and reverse and up into some driveways that have a little bump to them, and they haven't touched yet.

As a reference on my stock tires I measured 39 3/4 driver side and 40 passenger side to the top of the front wheel wells.

#85 ·
:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.