Goodyear Duratrac Wear Update - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Wheels & Tires
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Wheels & Tires Discuss wheels & tires.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
dtibbals
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Goodyear Duratrac Wear Update

I haven't been on in a while and wanted to give everyone an update on my Duratrac's purchased this summer. For the record I have 265/75/16 on my truck. They are the AT version not the mud terrain.

I purchased them 12k miles ago and have rotated them 3 times in the 12k miles (purchased 04/09). I have done a lot of city driving, highway in high heat and winter snow conditions. About 2k miles towing a 30ft travel trailer with a weight of about 9500 lbs. I have also spent some good time in the mud with them as well as a lot of winter driving ie snow, slush and ice.

My impression of the tire to date is they are the best tires I have bought for any truck and especially for a HD pick up. They have been perfect in all conditions from dry pavement, mud, rain and snow. They where great to tow with as well.

I would say they are pretty quiet for a tire as aggressive as these. A little louder then the Bridgestone dueler at revos they replaced. But they seem to ride better and out perform the Bridgestone in every other way! I have run Dunlop, Michelin, BFG, Goodyear, Cooper, Bridgestone, Toyo, and a few others I can't think of right now and I have never been happier with any tires more then these. I have run AT's and a few mud tires and these are by far the best performers. I also get asked a lot who makes the tires, they look really good and very aggressive just like a Toyo but at a lower cost.

They are also made in the USA which is huge!

After the first 12k miles they are pretty much the same noise level, as best as I can tell they haven't changed since the first 1k miles. They ride great and have kept their balance perfect. In fact discount tire has kept checking them and hasn't had to adjust them at all. The ride is the same and traction is the same as when new.

So far the tread seems to be wearing very well. At this rate I would suspect 40-50k plus miles on a set. Most others I am lucky to hit 30k with so if I can hit the high 30k mark I will be thrilled! I don't expect them to last as long as a Michelin tire but I have a much better tire in respect to anything non highway.

If you have been thinking of getting a set I would highly recommend them!

David

2006 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 LT3 Summit White. Westin Black Nurf Bars, Chevy front and rear mud guards, GM hood deflector, Leer 100xq, American Outlaw Buckshot wheels 16", Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/16...More to come!

Last edited by dtibbals; 01-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
jstncse
Clutch

I have had them for only 1500 miles, but I am very happy with them.
They are a little LOUD, but they will go anywhere you point them.

285/70R-17 Goodyear Duratracs
Banks dual exhaust, quieter than stock
EFI live and loving it
New Mexico DP club member #29

about 85% of all statistics are made up....110% of those are fuel mileage claims
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2010, 03:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
KILR-GMC
Clutch

Thanks for the info, Now all i need is for BMF to starts making a 18x9 rim within the next year so i can get new tires & rims 295x65 18 tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
christopherglenn
Diesel Champ

almost 500 miles on mine (took the wifes truck on vacation).. Glad to hear they wear well.
2011 Keystone Fuzion 405
2013 Yamaha 242LS
2015 Yamaha Waverunner FX Cruiser SVHO
2016 Chevy Dually CC 4X4 D/A LML
Member # 465 3500 Dually Club
Sold 05 Chevy 2500HD SB 4X4 D/A LLY

Neighbors must think I run a used car lot.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
kevray28
Diesel Newbie

almost 10,000km on them very good wear and good in mud and snow
93 dodge cummins 12v
08 32' terry travel trailer w/slide (12,500lbs)
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
bigred74k20
Diesel Fanatic

Just wondering if you have anymore updates on these tires? Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
mtl_dmax
Diesel Expert

Have any of you guys that are running the Duratrac's also run the BFG Commercial T/A Traction tire too?

Any comparisons you could make for highway driving? Rain? Snow? Ice?

I've been looking at the BFG's as a winter tire but the Duratrac's also have my eye and they are a very good looking tire too!
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ Ram Air Intake, RDL EGR Delete, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece (w/ blocked resonator & rerouted PCV), Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 4" Turbo Back 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
roscoe778
Glow Plug

Armed Forces Club Member

I have 30K on my set and they have been the best tire I have had yet. A bit louder than I want but will deal with it. I will post pictures tonight.
Bilstien 5100's,
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
Cognito UCA's,Sway bar end links, idler pitman supports
Moog Idler and Pitman arms
Kryptonite tie rods, Idler w/ Idler support gusset
Banks Six Gun w/Speed loader and PDA
Banks Intake w/Superscoop
Banks 4" Monster Exhaust
MBRP Front Pipe
EGR Blocked w/EFI tune
PVC Re-route
Allseason Trans repair lines,Trans-Go Jr.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blk88GT
Diesel Fanatic

Anyone tow heavy with these tires? How's the stability?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
bigred74k20
Diesel Fanatic

Thanks! Roscoe. Well I have been running the Pro Comp extreme mud terrains (285/75/16) on the stock wheels for about 2 years and got about 40K out of them. Now it is time for new ones and I Have been eyeballing the duratracs but cant decide if I want to get the 265's or 285's...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in