Diesel Place banner

22.5 Alcoa’s w/o lift

20K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  mcm mike 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a set of 22.5 Alcoa wheels on a 4x4 dually that was NOT lifted. Which tire size worked and how much trimming of the front inner fenders was needed?

Also, where can I get a deal on a set?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not sure if Trimming is required but I would think, depending on what size you go with you will see the outside diameter and can compair that to the trimming of other tires that size (i.e. 285). To be honist I have seen them on a Chevy here in tampa and it looks wierd. Like the rims were way to big for the truck but it's your ride and I'm not gonna knock it. www.ricksontruck.com has a lot of info on these rims. 19.5" rims do look good and require little to no trimming depending on 225 or 245 size. I think 245 looks best.

Lenny

#3 ·
I had the 19.5s on my last truck ans i was not very happy with them. I have seen more trucks down here with 22.5s than with the 19.5s. Most of them have been Fords. Everyone that I talked to that had the 22.5s loves them on their Ford.

I like teh look, but don't want the truck too high. My Lab has a hard time jumping in the back seat. He is getting older.

#5 ·
i argee with montecarlo, i have the 19.5' on my 02 drw and i had a choice of 19.5 or 22 and i have the 19.5's because i believe they look more in proportion to the trucks size. however if big is what you want then go large. i know from tire sizing mine are 34" tall,and if they were 1/2" taller they would not fit. thank the lord, because they are not cheap.

02 chevy drw cc lb 4x4 lt / 10 lug conversion,xde 245r 19.5,

afe,magnaflow,banks acutator,putco full running board system

transynd,delvac 1,amsoil bypass,bilsteins

38' prowler 365flts fifth wheel,with all the goodies,14100lb's loaded

www.chromewheel.com/gallerypages/johntruck.htm

www.chromewheel.com

www.putco.com

Edited by: tulsa1718

#7 ·
I ended up putting a set of 22.5s on the truck. They trimmed a little inside the front wheelwell and since I changed the bumper, it needed a little trim too. Looks great.

#10 ·

#11 ·

#13 ·
Flduramax

Do your rear tires stick out farther than the stock dually fenders? Kinda looks like it in the picture. If it does do they throw up a lot of rocks and sand on the fender and chip it? How about driving in the rain? Does it make a mess. And how do the fronts fit in the fender? I've been thinking about doing the 19.5 on mine and would appreciate any feedback you have on your setup.

And also are those Putco 4" nerf bars you have on there? They look sweet. I just ordered a set for mine.

Your truck looks really sharp.

My cousin lives in Deerfield Beach maybe if I come down this winter I can take a look at your truck.

Thx for the help Diesel Dragon

#14 ·
tulsa1718

How do your 19.5 fit in the wheel wells front and rear?

Which model of rim is that?

And how much did you end up spending for everything to switch to 19.5?

Truck looks really sharp.

Thx for any help Diesel Dragon

#15 ·
These are the 22.5s. I had 19.5s on my last truck and did not like them. had too many problems with them. The 22.5s are about the same price by the time you get done. I spent $4000 on the Alcoa wheels and tires and anout $400 on the balancing and alignment. The truck drives great. The rear wheels do stick out a little. Depending on your tire choice, determines your traction in the rain. zit does spit up a lot of water and the truck gets dirtier faster. I wash mine about twice a week.

Yes those are the Putco bars, it took me forever to get them. They were on backorder for ever. Then two sets showed up damaged.

I had to trim 4" off the back so they would clear the tires.

Let me know if you have any more questions or want any more pictures.

#16 ·
Dragon,

If you are in the area, let me know if you would like to see the truck.

#17 ·
flduramax,

Sweet ride. Is that a aftermarket front clip or Factory SS?

#18 ·
flduramax, nice ride. are those smoked tail lights? i am looking for something like that

#19 ·
The taillights are factory lights with a little bit of black paint.

The front bumper is a Street Scene SS Bumper cover over the factory bumper. You need to replace the top cap on the bumper and move the bumper up. It's a bit of work to make it all fit right.

#20 ·
diesel dragon

my 19.5's fit prefect, though 34" is the largest that will fit without a lift,mine measure 34" and they do go beyond the flares by 2" or so. my rims are alcoa's 10 on 285mm centers fully polished both sides on all six rims. i did that so any tire can be rotated to any position. the michilen xde 245's and rims were 4000.00 and the conversion adapters were 1500.00, though i believe the cost of the conversion has come down some . and you can save money by not getting all six wheels alcoas you can get 4 alcoa's and to steel inners for the rear, that saves alot of money. there is one touch i believe you must not save money on and that is the center trim, mine is alcoa trim it is expensive but adds a finishing touch equal to none the trim is 100.00 per tire and is not included in the price above. there are cheaper center trims, but the alcoa's are the best and look swwwwweeeeett. call me if you have any more questions [818-366-1854] name is john

02 chevy drw cc lb 4x4 lt/ 10 lug conversion, xde 245r 19.5 alcoa's

afe, magnaflow,banks acutator,transynd,delvac 1, amsoil bypass,

putco full running board system

www.chromewheel.com

www.putco.com

Edited by: tulsa1718

#21 ·
flduramax

what 19.5" wheels did you have that had so many problems, mine are perfect no problems even after almost 20,000 miles

02 chevy drw cc lb 4x4 lt/ 10 lug conversion,xde's 245r 19.5

afe,magnaflow,banks acutator,transynd,delvac 1,amsiol bypass

putco full running board system

38' prowler 365flts fifth wheel,with all the goodies,14100lb's loaded

www.chromewheel.com

www.putco.com

#24 ·
255 / 70 / 22.5

#26 ·
I have been looking at a company out of Miami www.americanforcewheels.com they also claim that their 22.5 tire/wheel/adapter combo requires NO lift. flduramax next time I am in Weston is it alright if we get together? I would love to see your truck in person. I am planning on driving there this spring. My girlfriend and her family live in Weston.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.