ATTENTION ALL MANUALS AND INFORMATION UPLOADS, SKIP TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR A FULL LISTING.
Oil - Maintaining your oil is very important in an engine. Make sure you change at the correct intervals and replace with the correct oil. Click Here
for factory and user recomended oils along with the oil change intervals.
DIY Oil Cooler Line Upgrade
- Please Click Here
Paint Restoration Thread
- How to bring back the shine, Please Click Here
- Pictures of various parts on the 6.2L Engine, Please Click Here
Printed Circuit Board
- Layout of pins on instrument cluster, Please Click Here
- A gauge and probe combination to monitor exhaust gas temperatures. Pyrometer is often shortened to "Pryo" and is also known as an "EGT Gauge".
- For a full listing of manuals Start Here
- Engine revs to redline upon start up, or sudden acceleration without using the throttle pedal Click Here
- GM#14028931 *FOR DIRECT DRIVE STARTER
- GM#23502557 90-92 6.2L Diesels, 92-02 6.5L Diesels *FOR GEAR REDUCTION STARTER
- A device that allows power to go to the starter when the key is turned to the "start" position. For information on repairing this device Click here
- momentary loss of power, sometimes called fishbiting.
- A chart to help determine what gears you need to make your speedometer read correctly when changing gears/tire sizes Click Here
Stereo Wiring Colours
- This gauge shows engine speed or RPM. To wire in a gasoline engine tachometer into a late model 6.2 ESS(engine speed sensor) Read This Here
6.2 tach install Click Here
Which Thermostat to Get Click Here
- Correct Length and Part Number Click Here
How-To: Fixing a Sloppy GM Tilt Column Click Here
- For information on timing DB2 Pumps Click Here
Transfer Case - NP208 Rear Output Leak - How To Fix Click Here
Torque specs for the engine Click Here
Transmission, 700R4 info Click Here
Transmission Identification Click Here
Transmission Technical Video's Click Here
TV Cable Adjustment700R4 Click Here
And Info Click Here
- The device that makes boost (more air pressure to the intake of the engine) from exhaust gas energy.
- For information regarding the install of a 6.5 Turbo on a 6.2 engine CHECK OUT THIS THREAD.
- Information about a Twin Turbo 6.2L "Budget build"Click Here
- For information on how to make a free flowing exhaust elbow for GM-1-GM-4 turbos Click Here
- Turbo Exhaust Manifold Bolts Click Here
- A spring operated wastegate. For more information on making your own Look Here
and for a modified wastegate for GM1 to GM3 turbos Look Here
Turning up the Fuel
- For information on turning up the fuel on DB2 Pumps Click Here
- A cam or belt driven device that creates a vacuum source.
- Delco pn. 14057219.
Valve Train & Valve Covers
- Valve Train Disassembly & Resealing Valve Covers Click here
Vent Window Seal Install
- Click here
- Click here
or Click here
Wait to Start
- The light on the dash that lights up when the glow plugs are powered.
- The "flapper" valve that opens to bypass exhaust gasses around the turbine, thus reducing Boost to specified and safe level for engine operation.
WVO (Waste Vegetable Oil)
- Mechanical Wastegate for GM4+ information: Click Here.
- Modified Mechanical Wastegate GM1 - GM3: Click Here.
- A common "alternative fuel", but requires two fuel systems up to the IP.
- Click here for information about heated injection lines.
- For a full list of manuals and diagrams Look Here
If you have any information that you want to add or think should be added, please PM any member of staff or post in the "Talk to the Team" section of the forum.