06-07 LBZ 3500 CCLB Dually prices seem high lately, what do you think? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > Buying or Selling a Truck Questions
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Buying or Selling a Truck Questions No Ads If you're looking to buy a new truck (new to you, or brand new) or selling a truck, come on in and post your questions here...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
tpsmith82
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

06-07 LBZ 3500 CCLB Dually prices seem high lately, what do you think?

I've been truck shopping recently, and boy have I looked!!

I used to own an 06 3500 CCLB dually. Bought it in late 2012, at the time it had 120k miles on it. No bed liner, newer tires, cloth seats, manual 4x4 and seemed like a good truck. It was my 1st diesel so I didn't really know what to look for, but lucked out and got a good truck. Paid $20,500 for it. I was in a pinch and had to sell it in late 2014, the buyer got a steel.

Now I've been looking again. I'd like to get the same truck basically. LBZ CCLB dually 4x4. Just recently took a 4000 mile drive down to Houston from Toledo, OH to visit some family and I looked at at least 12 trucks. All fitting this spec and they all seemed priced high. I find this:

06 118K CCLB 4x4 for 20K (had some oil leaks/ body issues / ball joints / transmission cooler lines)

06 112K CCLB 4x4 for 22K (rusty / needs tires / spongy brakes / need transmission cooler lines

06 220K CCLB 4x4 for 18K (oil pan leak / needs tires / interior not great)

06 70K CCLB 4x4 for 29K (water leaking inside cab from roof / needs transmission cooler lines replaced / oil pan gasket leaking?)

06 100K CCLB 4x4 for 23K (needs tires / transmission cooler lines / interior ok)

It goes on and on...just seems like I'm paying about the same I did 2-3 years ago, or even more, for the same truck. I would think these prices should have come down a bit or at least be the same. And most of those prices above are negotiated a little lower than asking price.

Am I dreaming that I'll find one for 20K or lower with around 100K miles. I don't need, or want for that matter, leather, big rims, chrome, brush guards etc... I just need a 4x4 that will haul my 15k 5er with ease and looks decent on the underside and inside.

What's your thought?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
OneSilverTruck
Diesel Apprentice

I think you are correct. I had to have my transmission rebuilt on my 2004 earlier this year. So naturally I looked to see what was available, weighing the pros and cons.... I decided to keep the truck, but like you I was seeing in the mid to high $20's for the 2006 /2007 style trucks. I found some of the newer styles in the 30's (varying trims).

I like my truck, and have friends who say the 2006 is even better, but I cannot see spending that for a 10 year old truck with 100,000 plus miles.

On another note, how do people pay for all of these new high end trucks? I bought my 2004 new, loaded for $38,000ish. Today, that same truck is $60,000 plus.....My dad bout a new loaded C-10 Silverado in 1979 with all options except for power locks for $7,000 (even has the 454 BIG 10 Package). He still drives it today though he has had two new trucks since then.....
While I have a very nice salary, my salary did not double in that same time period. For some reason I have a hard time paying more in a month for a vehicle, that my mortgage/taxes/insurance are. I heard someone explain this on the radio this week, to the effect, that we as a country are getting so used to large debt, that people don't care if they ever get out of debt.

Do you think that there will ever be a rebellion against the new vehicle pricing?

Sorry to rant.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

I know it's very unlikely I will ever buy a new vehicle, short of coming into stupid money somehow.

I bought an '04 Sierra C&C flatbed a year ago, for cash, and I expect to use it at least another 5 years. If I were to buy a similarly equipped new truck, I wouldn't be able to make the payments + the extra cost of collision insurance and all my regular bills. hmm, maybe I should...then I would have to be on a forced diet and should lose a bunch of weight....
Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
rutwad
Diesel Apprentice

I noticed prices have been shockingly high from what I expected. I had a chance to buy a brand new 2008 LBZ 2500 CC 4wd for $40k in 2008. Seems I could have kept the miles low and sold it today with little loss at all.

I went to an estate sale in January. They had 06/07 2500 CC 4x4 LBZ. Only 8k miles! I was hoping it may not be too high since it was estate sale. Sold for over $30k.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
OneSilverTruck
Diesel Apprentice

A work acquaintance of mine has never bought a set of tires for his f250's. Instead he trades up every year or two and takes a new ( or really keeps) $8,000 dollar payment. It's like he has equity in a used truck, just doesn't seem normal.

I noticed a truck for sale on this site the other day. The post said the payoff on the note was $20k. He wants $30k +\_ I'm assuming this truck would have been $50k new. At 100,000 miles his cost per mile is around .20/mile plus tires/ taxes/fuel etc.

No payments here, but I average $10,000/ year in tax/tag/ fuel /oil/repairs. That's approximately $0.30/mile. If I had a payment on his truck I would pay $0.50/ mile to own that truck??

What are you guys seeing??
Old 11-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
smiti7
Glow Plug

TPSMITH82-
I couldn't agree with you more. The prices are higher, the mileage is more and the condition is not very nice. I've been looking lately for the same type truck, 06-07 maybe 100K miles....all junk so far. And whats really killing me is the photo shopping these dealers are using. Man the trucks are perfect in the pictures, then you go look and they're so bad you wonder if its even the same truck. Wasted about 120 miles worth of fuel and time looking at 2 of these trucks this week. Needed to get that off my chest!
Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
CarolinaHD
Diesel Technician
Formerly 01silvyz71

NC Dmax's Member

Prices for lbz are way overinflated in my area. Makes you wonder if people are just asking way too much or are people paying that?

03 LB7/ZF6 Cab and Chassis 11' flatbed
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in