2020 2500hd drive - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rvn4me

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmax3500
Diesel Ace

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2020 2500hd drive

I just drove a silveraddo 2020 2500hd gas truck,crew cab 4x4

new 6.6 gas eng,drove nice,had good power,only got to put 5 miles on it

but boy is it tall

$60k sticker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
BanksLB7Duramax
Diesel Champ

That’s the one thing I hate about these trucks, trucks are supposed to be for getting work done and working out of the back of it, but they are too tall to effectively do that. It’s stupid. That new gasser sounds nice.

MY FUELLY PAGE LINK

1984 C20 6.2 J Code TH400
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mikey52
Clutch

So that 5 miles was it one or two gallons of gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
SWDoodle
Sparkplug Hunter

Does the new 6.6 gas come with a 10 speed or still a 6-speed? If the new gas is quite a step up from the 6.0 I might be a player when time to trade again. Transmission and gearing could make a huge difference. My 05 6.0 was capable, but with 4 speeds it pretty much lived in 2nd and 3rd gear when towing. Surely it was an LTZ if $60K sticker. Pickup pricing has been out of control for a while, but it's about getting ridiculous. My 2015 GMC CCSB LML 4x4 stickered for $59,500 (which is nuts) when I bought it. Guessing a new 2020 will be at least $10K more for the same options/trim? Love the diesel, but with price and complexity of emmisions (and I've had a few issues luckily covered under warranty) the diesel option is getting harder to justify for an occassional heavy tower.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
BanksLB7Duramax
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDoodle View Post
Does the new 6.6 gas come with a 10 speed or still a 6-speed? If the new gas is quite a step up from the 6.0 I might be a player when time to trade again. Transmission and gearing could make a huge difference. My 05 6.0 was capable, but with 4 speeds it pretty much lived in 2nd and 3rd gear when towing. Surely it was an LTZ if $60K sticker. Pickup pricing has been out of control for a while, but it's about getting ridiculous. My 2015 GMC CCSB LML 4x4 stickered for $59,500 (which is nuts) when I bought it. Guessing a new 2020 will be at least $10K more for the same options/trim? Love the diesel, but with price and complexity of emmisions (and I've had a few issues luckily covered under warranty) the diesel option is getting harder to justify for an occassional heavy tower.
The new gasser is a 6-speed. The gassers are meant to live at higher RPMs, let it do its thing and donít worry about it. Pickup pricing is insane, but your $59K truck wonít be $10K more than it was 5 years ago. Unless you need a Diesel for heavy towing and hauling regularly I would go with the gasser in a heartbeat. Gas motors are WAY more fun than a diesel and they sound better to boot, and the fact that you save almost $10K makes it a no brainer.
MY FUELLY PAGE LINK

Old 07-15-2019, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jason_2500
Diesel Head

If you look at GMs specs the truck bedsides and bed floor are only 1" or less taller. The truck actually isn't that tall, mostly its just the hood.
Toyo M/T 37x13.5R20, BMF S.O.T.A. 20x9 Stealth, Cognito 7-9" with UCA, Fox shocks, Saulastic Shackles, Bushwacker flares, Anzo Lights, Weathertech Floors, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mini Maxx, MBRP 5" stacks, Trex Billet grille & bowties, AMP steps, LineX Xtra, Custom Headache rack, AirDog II 165, Titan 60g tank w/ADP sump, ARB compressor, DC power 325amp alt, Fab four bumpers, Warn Zeon winch, lots of Rigid lights.

2005 Chevrolet Kodiak 5500 4x4
CM-SK flatdeck, Alcoa 22.5s, Link air ride cab.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
BanksLB7Duramax
Diesel Champ

Yes, they are tall. The Previous gen truck was too tall, and now it’s even taller. I’m fairly tall and it’s difficult to reach into the bed of my ‘12 let alone load stuff on the tailgate. My ‘84 is much easier to work out of.
MY FUELLY PAGE LINK

Old 07-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_2500 View Post
If you look at GMs specs the truck bedsides and bed floor are only 1" or less taller. The truck actually isn't that tall, mostly its just the hood.
^^^^
One-inch-lower bed lift-in height compared to the 2019 Heavy Duty, providing easier loading and fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer hitching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in