No More Diesel 2018 Pickup Orders - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ted White
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

OK, so my 2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW SLT was built on June 14th, sent to GFX on June 20th to have the bed lining sprayed on, and was shipped out of Flint on CN Rail the next day, June 21st. I checked the rail car location this morning (June 23rd) and it is in Illinois near Chicago. On track for arrival in our area next Saturday.

In contrast, a friend's identical build was completed on June 9th but is still sitting in the yard at Flint. So who knows how they decide what to ship and when.

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
mike634
Diesel Fanatic

Armed Forces Club Member

After mine was built in early April, it took almost 5 weeks to get to the dealer.

2018 GMC Serria D/A Crew Cab

"Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- Ronald Reagan

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ted White
Diesel Champ

I've factory ordered 4 times and in each case the truck was shipped within 2 weeks of assembly. My 2016 was shipped just 3 days after assembly. I'm thinking it must depend on the number of vehicles being sent to a specific area when your truck comes off the line. If they can fill a car, you strike lucky.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ted White
Diesel Champ

Well, things have really gone off the rails, so to speak.

I've been tracking the rail car carrying my truck since it left Flint last week.

It made it as far as Bensenville, IL on Sunday morning at 6:32am and was then declared to be in "Bad Order". This means that it has a mechanical fault that could be anything from a broken brake line to a side swipe that has damaged the vehicles inside.

So now it's approaching 3 days with no way of knowing what is going on, or when or if the rail car will be returned to service.

If you're someone with access to detailed on-line rail car tracking, and don't mind helping me get some more info, please send me a PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Epicenter
High Compression

Sorry to hear about the snag, hopefully your order will get back on track (literally) soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted White View Post
Well, things have really gone off the rails, so to speak.

I've been tracking the rail car carrying my truck since it left Flint last week.

It made it as far as Bensenville, IL on Sunday morning at 6:32am and was then declared to be in "Bad Order". This means that it has a mechanical fault that could be anything from a broken brake line to a side swipe that has damaged the vehicles inside.

So now it's approaching 3 days with no way of knowing what is going on, or when or if the rail car will be returned to service.

If you're someone with access to detailed on-line rail car tracking, and don't mind helping me get some more info, please send me a PM.

2019 GMC 3500HD SLT Crew Cab SRW 4x4 Z71
All Stock, No Mods planned
Old 06-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ted White
Diesel Champ

Well the crisis seems to be over for now. The rail car was "released from a bad order" at 8:32 am Wednesday morning. Now I have my fingers crossed that it gets back on a train.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Epicenter
High Compression

Oh the wait....

I ordered my 2019 (because the GM wouldn't let me order a 2018) on May 11th. It's killing me how much lack of information GM or my Dealer has on my order. It was built on 6/25 and in "Status 4300" in Flint since 6/27 and not moved as of this posting (7/10/18) GM Chat has no update and no eta on shipment. I'm out in North Carolina so maybe they just don't have any trucks coming out to the Southeast <insert spit sound here>? Whatever.

Can anyone answer why in this day and age does GM not have a website that interactively tracks an order so you can have more info like Why it's sitting for weeks waiting to be shipped? I read an article where they used to offer this website but shut it down sometime back. A friend of mine just ordered a new Charger and said it was great to watch the progress online.

The GM Chat people are even starting to get a little "Short" with me contacting them weekly for updates.

Any therapy appreciated,
Epicenter

Old 07-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Upstatefreedom
High Compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicenter View Post
I ordered my 2019 (because the GM wouldn't let me order a 2018) on May 11th. It's killing me how much lack of information GM or my Dealer has on my order. It was built on 6/25 and in "Status 4300" in Flint since 6/27 and not moved as of this posting (7/10/18) GM Chat has no update and no eta on shipment. I'm out in North Carolina so maybe they just don't have any trucks coming out to the Southeast <insert spit sound here>? Whatever.

Can anyone answer why in this day and age does GM not have a website that interactively tracks an order so you can have more info like Why it's sitting for weeks waiting to be shipped? I read an article where they used to offer this website but shut it down sometime back. A friend of mine just ordered a new Charger and said it was great to watch the progress online.

The GM Chat people are even starting to get a little "Short" with me contacting them weekly for updates.

Any therapy appreciated,
Epicenter

Oh man! Thatís rough. Iíll bet it has to do with the flint plant shutting down for the whole month of July. If thatís the case probably wonít see any progress till early August. Sounds like your like me, waiting and wanting a little info on a high priced new toy. Lol. I just ordered a 19 duramax a couple days ago. I wish I could get daily reports on progress. Like you said, with the technology of today that info should be available. Hope you get more info or your truck very soon. Good luck. Keep us posted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Epicenter
High Compression

Thanks and Congratulations on your new truck order as well, hope it doesn't take 2+ months to get yours in the driveway!

Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Epicenter
High Compression

Update - 7/24/18 Still no truck :-( Tomorrow will be the 1 month "birthday" of the truck being built. It sat for 2.5 weeks in the parking lot in Flint Michigan, then it was finally put on a rail car and sent to the distribution hub in Petersburg, VA last week so we'll see how long it sits there. Unfortunately that's only a 2 hour drive from my dealership.... The wait is still killing me but GM sure isn't in a hurry to get this "special order" out of its hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicenter View Post

Any therapy appreciated,
Epicenter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in