Still No "Target Production Week" - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
sourcecal
High Compression

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Still No "Target Production Week"

I just got off a chat session with GM since I was able to obtain my order number from the dealership this morning. Very frustrating... I ordered in the beginning of October and the order was "Accepted" in the beginning of November. Since then NOTHING... Not even a Target Production week (TPW)!

My question to the forum is: Would anyone have insight on an order being delayed because this truck is a 3500HD regular cab dually? I am looking for someone who has a connection internal to GM and can vouch for their scheduling. This insight will help ease the pain of waiting while I see many other crew cabs being taken off the dealer's lots.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
sourcecal
High Compression

Update:

I just got off the phone with a rep from my dealership who was in direct contact with the GM factory production manager. The problem is that my truck is less than 1% of their production so they are currently estimating that it will take about 2 to 3 months more before they get a TPW. In addition, they had to drop their supplier of regular cabs and it is taking time to replace that supplier. Therefore, it is a double wammy for me. They offered a quicker production date if I either went to gas or crew cab neither of which is an option for me.

The bottom line is that eventually my truck will be built and I can wait for it because there is no other option for me.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
WestLake009
Clutch

Double cab, perhaps?
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
LBZFAN
Diesel Starter

What the Hell? I have a Regular Cab 3500 HD L5P in my possession, although it is not a duelly , ordered Oct. 8th, took 13-14 weeks but I do have it. I would talk with someone else see if you get a different story..... I cant be the only one who ordered a Regular Cab and has one. Interesting......

2011 GMC 2500 HD Regular Cab LML , kinda stock

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD Regular Cab LBZ , all stock
Old 01-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcecal View Post
Update:

I just got off the phone with a rep from my dealership who was in direct contact with the GM factory production manager. The problem is that my truck is less than 1% of their production so they are currently estimating that it will take about 2 to 3 months more before they get a TPW. In addition, they had to drop their supplier of regular cabs and it is taking time to replace that supplier. Therefore, it is a double wammy for me. They offered a quicker production date if I either went to gas or crew cab neither of which is an option for me.

The bottom line is that eventually my truck will be built and I can wait for it because there is no other option for me.
Your dealer rep is feeding you a bunch of
Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
MRBASS
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That's total bs!
I bet it had something to do with allotment. Each dealer is only alotted so many at a time.
Mines a cclb L5P, but 7 weeks from day I placed my order (11-10-2016) I was driving it home.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
FD506AZ
Diesel Rookie

I was told today that no orders for diesels are being accepted right now and plans are to resume on 2/9. Some type of hold had been placed on duramax's.
2016 Genesis 33CK 5'er toy hauler
Old 01-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Milkman2015
Diesel Rookie

Where is that info from?
Old 01-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
FD506AZ
Diesel Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman2015 View Post
Where is that info from?
Was told that by my dealer yesterday regarding my order. Supposedly that is what they were told by their GM rep yesterday.
2016 Genesis 33CK 5'er toy hauler
Old 01-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Milkman2015
Diesel Rookie

That makes sense on my end then. My dealer is one of the largest dealers in the tri-state area. He said their orders are picked up quick. Truck ordered 2 weeks ago and still not picked up. I was able to add a BluRay player to my truck last night.

Truck guy has worked at the dealer for 30 years. He said trucks and restrictions are usually picked up on Thursday's and restrictions are posted in their system as well. Neither has happened.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in