L5P: trade-in prices - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Murph1219
Diesel Newbie

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

KBB is a pipe dream most times. Use the books the dealers use, NADA. This from a guy who sold Chevys, and therefore have been on both sides of the table. As mentioned before, it's the total deal that matters. Dealers move numbers all over.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
dmax3500
Diesel Ace

anybody else get trade-in numbers?

Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
NE DENALI
Diesel Fanatic

8,206 traded 15 for a 17
2015 2500 DENALI HD, Black,LML, nav radio, sliding rear window, high idle switch, B&W turnover ball, traded
2017 3500 DENALI HD, Black,L5P, nav radio, CURT turnover ball, snow plow package, 275-70-18 AT2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
NE DENALI
Diesel Fanatic

Mason City New GMC Sierra 3500HD Vehicles for Sale
2015 2500 DENALI HD, Black,LML, nav radio, sliding rear window, high idle switch, B&W turnover ball, traded
2017 3500 DENALI HD, Black,L5P, nav radio, CURT turnover ball, snow plow package, 275-70-18 AT2
Old 02-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
NE DENALI
Diesel Fanatic

Link to the one I traded in. Mason City New GMC Sierra 3500HD Vehicles for Sale
Old 02-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Coolbreeze
Diesel Champ

My dealer actually gave me darn close to trade in from KBB. Now I think I'm not going to buy it . Always spooked about new engines but if you look at Duramax forum I see a couple of turbos went. I also don't like that shifting issue. Truck does rev high which I think is dumb for a diesel. Diesel's are supposed to grunt and no doubt that is hurting mileage a little. I baby mine just because who want to race the truck just to pull off on a 40MPH road??

Basically think that GM has a lot of work to do.

'06 LBZ Silverado 2500HD, CC/SB, LT2 SOLD
Never left me walking!!!!

Last edited by Coolbreeze; 02-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Meathead
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
My dealer actually gave me darn close to trade in from KBB. Now I think I'm not going to buy it . Always spooked about new engines but if you look at Duramax forum I see a couple of turbos went. I also don't like that shifting issue. Truck does rev high which I think is dumb for a diesel. Diesel's are supposed to grunt and no doubt that is hurting mileage a little. I baby mine just because who want to race the truck just to pull off on a 40MPH road??

Basically think that GM has a lot of work to do.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Given your obvious mastery of the subject, you should contact GM and be sure they're aware of your concerns - you know, the ones about a couple trucks you read about on the intranets, that you have no first-hand knowledge of, but that you're certain are indications this L5P thing is a disaster.

If you'll please do that for all of us, they'll have a chance to properly address those issues before they bring out another iteration of a fatally flawed platform.
'17 CC DRW L5P GMC Denali in Summit White - delivered 01.06.17 w/ 18 miles on the clock - 5% tint all around - de-badged by Armando - ATTA AT90L-TT aux fuel tank/tool box, custom install by me, Allison deep pan full of Transynd, 55psi Crossfire caring for 255/80-17 Toyo OC ATIIs.. 130,000 miles and counting..

'07 CCSB LBZ Silverado Classic, 482,708 miles. Purchased 10.06. Retired 01.06.17, sold to my buddy in MS - happy I was able to keep it in the family.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Werdnamirg
Diesel Newbie

2015 LTZ Z71 36,600 miles. Dealer started at $41,000. Instead of playing his game I sold it private party for $47,500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 11:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Coolbreeze
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Given your obvious mastery of the subject, you should contact GM and be sure they're aware of your concerns - you know, the ones about a couple trucks you read about on the intranets, that you have no first-hand knowledge of, but that you're certain are indications this L5P thing is a disaster.

If you'll please do that for all of us, they'll have a chance to properly address those issues before they bring out another iteration of a fatally flawed platform.
Meathead,

See with your eyes, not your heart. I was thrilled to go out and get a new truck. Found one that was near perfect of what I wanted. Smoking deal I got as well.

Drove one extensively and the drive ability wasn't there. Felt like it was in tow haul and then had some downshifts where it was banging. Went to the forums and actually started counting trucks delivered and complaints on shifting. The numbers are not pretty. The drive ability of my truck was never like that even from day one. With 150K on it is shifts like a dream.

So I'm pretty sad not to get that truck but not as sad as GM programming these trucks like this. I'm sorry but "The Allison has to learn" is a really stupid answer. Learn how not to shift crappy, over rev and have clunky down shifts? Why don't they program it to shift buttery smooth from the start and make their products have a dynamite first impression? Then I see a blown turbo or two, short regens and it seems to me they are just rushing them out the door or at least that is the impression I am getting.

I have a laundry list of work do do on my '06 which is why I want a new truck but looks like I potentially just get a shorter list. I WANT NO LIST, JUST ENJOYMENT!!

There is always another truck or another deal as much as it saddened me to make that call.

Anyways hope everybody has great luck with their trucks, see ya in 2018 or 2019. I started thinking about seeing a Ford or Dodge but just can't get myself to go there.

'06 LBZ Silverado 2500HD, CC/SB, LT2 SOLD
Never left me walking!!!!

Last edited by Coolbreeze; 02-13-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
dmax3500
Diesel Ace

any more trades?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in