New options? - Page 6 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTOYS View Post
I really wish since GM is on this forum, they would take some of our ideas/options and change a few things. From the sound of it I do like the changes done to the motor. I was really hoping for softer interior though. These things are like my wife's 14 Impala . The seats feel/look like they have only 1-2" of foam on the seat pan. The older ones like my 06 and buddies 08 feel like 3-4". Haven't tried heated steering wheel on the trucks but on the Impala, it's a joke compared to a dodge. Ours only gets warm and only on bottom half.. the dodge gets Hot and is the whole steering wheel. Heated rear seat would be neat but not as needed to me as other options. Come on GM, some of the old early mid 90s truck seats felt like 6-8" of foam and super cushy. Would be nice to on a darn near $70k truck to have a glovebox light and hood light again too.
Your Impala is broke.

Ours Impala heated wheel doesn't work like that.

Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE

Last edited by redwngr; 01-04-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliHDeezNutz View Post
The anti crash collision works pretty well. Came up on a truck in the fast lane doing about 60mph while I was doing close to 80, and a red line came up on the windshield where the heads up display should be and the truck braked real smoothly. I have the settings set to where it gets as close to another vehicle as it can. I liked that it did not slam on the brakes but more so gradually applied them.
Isn't it just forward collision alert on these trucks?

It should have kicked off the cruise and provided notification on the windshield and using the seat?

EDIT: apologies -- I was reading up on the 2016, not the 2017.

The new option is called FAB -- Forward Automatic Braking

Last edited by redwngr; 01-04-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #53 (permalink)
moserkm
Gear Grinder

Ha! Just found what you were mentioning. Here's the quote from Autonews:

Silverado/Sierra 2500/3500: The 2017 models of GM's heavy-duty trucks were revised with a new air-intake system via a new hood scoop but stopped short of adopting the sportier front ends added to the light duties for '16. The next generation is scheduled to arrive by late 2019 or early 2020, about a year after the redesigned light duties.

I'm not sure where they get their information from but when I combine this with another article I read that said "2017 gets their first mid-cycle refresh...", I'm thinking it's somewhat solid. They may add an option or two here and there but if I can't put my butt in the fully redesigned (and hopefully, fully updated) truck until early 2020, I'm not going to wait. Only question now is: Do I put up with the harsher ride and louder/weaker engine but have all the tech options I want? Or, do I go with the better engine and looks and just deal without the tech options? Definitely a 1st world problem I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
FASTOYS
Diesel Boss

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTOYS View Post
I really wish since GM is on this forum, they would take some of our ideas/options and change a few things. From the sound of it I do like the changes done to the motor. I was really hoping for softer interior though. These things are like my wife's 14 Impala . The seats feel/look like they have only 1-2" of foam on the seat pan. The older ones like my 06 and buddies 08 feel like 3-4". Haven't tried heated steering wheel on the trucks but on the Impala, it's a joke compared to a dodge. Ours only gets warm and only on bottom half.. the dodge gets Hot and is the whole steering wheel. Heated rear seat would be neat but not as needed to me as other options. Come on GM, some of the old early mid 90s truck seats felt like 6-8" of foam and super cushy. Would be nice to on a darn near $70k truck to have a glovebox light and hood light again too.
Your Impala is broke.

Ours Impala heated wheel doesn't work like that.
Not sure, it's been like that since new, it is ltz loaded and the top of wheel is wood grain. Is yours like that? Maybe it was broke from day one...
Old 01-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

FAB does say this however:

"The system works when driving in a forward gear between 8 km/h (5 mph) and 80 km/h (37 mph).
It can detect vehicles up to approximately 60 m (197 ft)."
Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
carhauler
Diesel Pro

I wish my 15.5 had that cause I text a lot when stuck in traffic?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
WestLake009
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader_03 View Post
I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking to get a new truck this year to replace my 12 Denali. It just rolled 100k and I don't like to run them much out of warranty. I was anxiously awaiting the new L5p but I was hoping to see some new options as well. I realize the focus was put on developing the new Dmax but I hate to settle for the 17 if there are going to be more options and hopefully a towing capacity increase. I haul farm equipment/tractors and often weigh over my GCWR. An extra ton or two of capacity would make big difference for me. I've had a total of 6 Duramax trucks and I have a hard time thinking I'd ever switch but I've found myself riding thru the Ford lots for the first time.

I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything about the 18s. I realize the 17s are just starting to show up but does anybody know if the 2018s are in for any updates? I can't wait for a 2019.
If the GCWR increases to anything below 34,000 #, they should go with a 3.91 instead of a 4.10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in