Anyone need Info./Invoices? I work for GM - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
8GF1Duramax

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I found the price of my vehicle by myself. The dealer won't sell to you if they're not making any money. I did my homework. I didn't even ask anyone here how much it was worth.

There is nothing wrong with knowing what your bargaining parameters are. Nobody is holding a gun to the dealers head and forcing them to sell anything.

We are consumers saying here is what we are willing and able to pay. If you can do it, great. If not, No deal.

What we Americans forget, most of the world bargains/negotiates everything when buying something. That is the way business is done. Having jobs go overseas has nothing to do with the refusing to pay an excessive amount for a vehicle.

Question: How much money is it fair for the dealer to make on a transaction? If they make $2000 on your trade and $1,000 on the new vehicle, is that enough? What is enough? $4000? 5?

There is nothing wrong or immoral about getting the best possible deal on an item. Should I pay Safeway $4.89 for the same box of cereal I can get at Walmart for $2.50?

Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
DuneMe
Diesel Apprentice

Couldn't agree with you more 8GF1Duramax.

Edge Juice with Attitude (mounted in lower cubby)
4" Cat-Back Banks Exhaust / AFE Stage II filter
Crew Cab / Short Box
4" Tuff Country Lift (4 in front and 2 in back)
Firestone Airbags with spacer blocks (for lift)
295/75 R16 BFG
Transfer Flow 45-gallon fuel tank
Weekend Warrior LE3905 (about 14,000# loaded)
Raptor 700's for the Wife and I
Raptor 250 for the Daughter
RZR-S (for all of us)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
unclehulka
Block Heater

I am hoping you might be able to help me. I just bought a 1999 K3500 and am trying to find as much info on it as possible (a legacy trait from when I was heavily into 60's musclecars). I just ordered all the original "glovebox" manuals and the diesel supplement, as well as the "bi-fuel" 3,000 page service manual (YIKES!) from helminc. That should keep me busy for awhile.

I have decoded all the RPO codes, but I would like to get a copy of the dealer invoice, window sticker, ANYTHING with pricing for my specific truck when it sat in the dealership showroom back in '99.

My VIN is:

1GCHK33F0XF068420

Any help you can give me is deeply appreciated. I just love this truck and really want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about it.

Thank you so much for offering this kind of assistance. It is a HUGE help!
1964 Case 580CK TLB (Diesel)
1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 w/Factory B07 Police Package
1965 Case 480CK Loader Tractor
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible (Original 440HP)
Member #288 3500 Dually Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread