My 2015 sub par paint job? - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bartman432
Diesel Expert

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

black shows everything...........take it back and make them make it right......you spent a small fortune on that truck.

Wheels: 2017 GMC Denali 20" Chrome
Stereo Upgrade: Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 (6 Channel Amp), AudioControl LC7I (6 Channel Line-Out Converter with AccuBass), Alpine SPR-60C Type-R Component speakers, and (1) 12" sealed JL CS112TG-TW3 PowerWedge Sub
PPE Front & Rear Diff. Covers
USMC Vet, 1988-1992, 3rd AABN YAT YAS
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
APEXrtx
Diesel Starter

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Yes, I do plan on taking it there and showing them and I guess will go from there... Thanks for the input!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

From my experience with another dealer and a 1985 truck, do the masking tape thing I suggested. The body shop would only fix one or two spots and I'd have to point the others out again. The third time, I took a roll of masking tape and hit every spot (and used up a lot of tape in the process). The truck's paint had a lot of dirt in it. That time, they got all the spots but burned through the paint on the break line that ran down both sides of the truck when they buffed it out. I finally got it fixed and was overjoyed when that dealer was one of the dealers that got whacked by GM.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss

Overall, mine looks pretty good on my black 2015 Silverado and white diamond Tahoe. However, they are not perfect. I noticed that the roof on my Silverado has several pin hole type spots/divets where it appears you can see the primer below. There is one spot on the Tahoe where the hood/fender meets the a pillar. It appears like there is a piece of 7 mm long by 1 mm wide debris (like a piece of wire) under the paint. I haven't checked out every square inch, but not perfect. I will probably fix the Tahoe, but not mess with the truck.

Also, one of the black trucks I looked at on the dealers had a huge 3" long x 1" wide paint smear on the rocker panel. That looked horrible and should have been caught before it left the mfg.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector

SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
saxman915
Diesel Fanatic

Wow. This is crazy. If I notice anything on my denali I will be pissed

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
bigdisneydaddy
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
From my experience with another dealer and a 1985 truck, do the masking tape thing I suggested. The body shop would only fix one or two spots and I'd have to point the others out again. The third time, I took a roll of masking tape and hit every spot (and used up a lot of tape in the process). The truck's paint had a lot of dirt in it. That time, they got all the spots but burned through the paint on the break line that ran down both sides of the truck when they buffed it out. I finally got it fixed and was overjoyed when that dealer was one of the dealers that got whacked by GM.
Was it the one on Haggerty ?
05 CCSB. LS. 285 Michelins on Ultra wheels, Leer 100XL cap, LED marker lights below taligate, 4" turbo back magnaflow exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, Mag-hytec rear diff cover, Txchristopher CAI, Kennedy EGR blocker and Finger stick, Fumoto valve with nipple, 4high with fog mod (my design) MA tailgate straps, Scan gauge, rebuilt filter head at 115k.
Towing an Open range JT340FLR, 36 ft and 10k.
I am "statistically insignificant"
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisneydaddy View Post
Was it the one on Haggerty ?

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss

Here is the effed up paint on my wife's Tahoe. It's really noticeable on the white diamond tricoat paint, fortunately the rest looks good. I think they can sand this down and buff it without much of a problem. I was going to do it myself, but I figured if I screwed it up then I owned it.

2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector

SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard

Last edited by AXE; 05-06-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in