Transmission Cooler Protection - Page 5 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXE View Post
Since when did billet become plastic? I assumed that from the description that was relatively easy to discern. From their website..................

Billet Grilles (aka Billet Grills, Billet Grille Inserts) are manufactured from the highest grade of aircraft aluminum, robotically welded to exacting tolerances and robotically polished for a consistent and show polished finish. All Billet Grilles are offered in three distinct finishes; Brushed, Polished or all Black to match the customers personal preference.

Mesh Grilles (aka Mesh Grills, Mesh Grille Inserts) are manufactured using 304 stainless steel outer trim rings that are offered with a “Show Polished” finish or powder coated in Radiant Black. These trim rings are laser cut for exact fit and finish. Carriage Works unique 3D Mesh Grilles are available in Radiant Black or with a Platinum finish, for a combination of options with the outer rings creating an eye catching look and vehicle distinction. The Heavy Duty Mesh Grilles feature a “studded styling” design that creates a unique and aggressive vehicle distinction, for your Chevy Heavy-Duty Truck. The stainless steel mesh grilles are offered with a Show Polished 304 stainless steel trim ring and features the polished 304 stainless steel wire mesh lock crimped design for a distinctive styling upgrade.
"Billet" by some providers can turn out to be die cast metal of various compositions that won't make it through one Michigan winter. They can also turn out to be aluminum mounted on plastic or worse, plastic with a metal coating.

The question you should have asked was did I read the description of the product, to which I would have confessed no. But then again, I've read some product descriptions that turned out to be out and out lies.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
imbrew1
Diesel Starter

Just checked it with a magnet, not steel, probably aluminum. Not going to scrape the finish off to find out though.
Sorry for causing any confusion, I was just glad it wasn't plastic.

2015 Arctic Fox 29-5T Fifth Wheel Travel Trailer
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4 quads (black one for me and blue one for my better half)
1995 Kawasaki 750ZXI Jet Ski
AND a bunch of other toys
Old 06-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
imbrew1
Diesel Starter

Here are some before and after pictures with and without the camera's flash on.
I didn't back it up with mesh like you guys did, my trailer is pretty heavy and I pull in 100+ degree weather so I need all the air I can get to that thing. I figure this will save the cooler from a direct hit at least.
Thanks to Vortec and Axe for the info on this piece.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00360.JPG (126.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00363.JPG (131.4 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00365.JPG (132.2 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00367.JPG (139.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00368.JPG (138.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00369.JPG (130.9 KB, 110 views)
2015 Arctic Fox 29-5T Fifth Wheel Travel Trailer
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4 quads (black one for me and blue one for my better half)
1995 Kawasaki 750ZXI Jet Ski
AND a bunch of other toys

Last edited by imbrew1; 06-15-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss

Looks very good. Your going to be able to keep good air flow and keep out the stuff that will damage you cooler.

I finally found somebody that can get me some new OEM glass to replace my windshield.............what's another $400. I also took my first rock chip to the front of my hood................still planning to add the Clear Bra, but trying to get my Bushwacker fender flares fixed and I wanted to do the leading edge of them too since they stick out a ways.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector

SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in