Trading an '06 6.0 liter gas for '06 LBZ - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
1911HD

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Trading an '06 6.0 liter gas for '06 LBZ

Hello everyone, as my first post i would like to go ahead and ask for some guidance on trading my 2006 GMC2500HD 6 liter Crew 4x4 SLE shortbed (11K miles) for an 06 LBZ of pretty much the same truck (give or take some options)....Crew 4x4 2500HD shortbed wether it is a chevy or gmc with the LBZ. I am wanting the gap between my trade and the new truck to be at $10,000 or less. With having said that, i owe exactly 30,000 grand on the trade and am looking at between $41k to $45k MSRP for the new LBZ truck. Could i possibly get a better deal goin the chevy route? With all these different MSRP's and options and everything changing, it is starting to get confusing. I would love to order one but what i have read...i dont want to wait 3 or 4 months to receive the truck. If someone could just shed some light as to what price i should be looking to get for my trade and possibly how much off the MSRP i could go...has it been possible lately to pay at or below invoice on these new LBZ's??? Some of these dealers i have talked to said they can barely go below MSRP and give me only $25k for my truck...$19,000 gap....dont think so. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for being long winded.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
redeagle313
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911HD View Post
Hello everyone, as my first post i would like to go ahead and ask for some guidance on trading my 2006 GMC2500HD 6 liter Crew 4x4 SLE shortbed (11K miles) for an 06 LBZ of pretty much the same truck (give or take some options)....Crew 4x4 2500HD shortbed wether it is a chevy or gmc with the LBZ. I am wanting the gap between my trade and the new truck to be at $10,000 or less. With having said that, i owe exactly 30,000 grand on the trade and am looking at between $41k to $45k MSRP for the new LBZ truck. Could i possibly get a better deal goin the chevy route? With all these different MSRP's and options and everything changing, it is starting to get confusing. I would love to order one but what i have read...i dont want to wait 3 or 4 months to receive the truck. If someone could just shed some light as to what price i should be looking to get for my trade and possibly how much off the MSRP i could go...has it been possible lately to pay at or below invoice on these new LBZ's??? Some of these dealers i have talked to said they can barely go below MSRP and give me only $25k for my truck...$19,000 gap....dont think so. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for being long winded.
I don't think going with a Chevy will change your trade price very much.

I think you would be better off to try to sell your '06 gasser outright. The dealer made money when he sold you your last truck, now he wants to make money on it again and on the diesel he sells you. Cut him out of the action on your used truck.

How many dealers have you talked to? Are they all at the same trade in price? What price are they quoting you on the LBZ? I can get you a GM in the Driveway certificate, which is good for GM Supplier discount price, and that is about $100 better than the red tag price was.

Don't get impatient and try to trade too quickly.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
1911HD

Trading an '06 6.0 liter gasser for an '06 LBZ

OK redeagle, here is where i stand: Basically, my local GM dealer who sold me the gasser in the first place said they will give me 27,000 for my trade as mentioned previously. Then they want 39,300 for this New Truck
This is pretty much the exact truck i want, only thing missing for me is the Amber Roof marker lights. Oh well. Anyhow, i asked him if i could qualify for the GM loyalty program and he said he didnt know, said that he would check and see. And then would i be able to stack the 500 instant rebate and then another 500 for active military? Basically what i am getting at...the difference between 39,300 and 27,000 is $12,300. I would really like to be closer to 10,000 or even 11,000. He said they cant really go much lower on that unless someone could get me like the employee pricing or that Supplier discount. That is when i brought up the GM customer loyalty incentive to see if we could drop it from 39,300 hence getting lower to my 10,000 gap. Again, all help is truly appreciated, lemme know what ya'll think. Oh and another thing i have thought about is the fact that if i trade, i will only be paying the sales tax on the difference between the two (hopefully on 10 grand or less) and to me that saves at least over a grand then if i sold my own truck outright to someone, then had to pay the sales tax on the new truck for 40K.

Last edited by 1911HD; 01-19-2006 at 10:20 PM. Reason: improper link
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
redeagle313
Diesel Apprentice

The GM in the Driveway price on the truck you linked would be about $39,800. There are $750 in rebates and $250 in bonus cash out there, so that would put you at $38,800. Can you get GM loyalty money on top of that?

Say the word and I can get the GMID certificate number. I would just need your date of birth mm/dd/yyyy and the last 4#'s of you SS #.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
1911HD

Pm'ed You
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread