New Denali 3500HD - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
macscott
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

New Denali 3500HD

Been posting to the "When are the 2015 HD's Available" thread for a couple of months while awaiting delivery of my new truck, a replacement for the '08 3500HD LTZ I totaled in an ice storm back in December. Rig finally arrived at my dealer's this afternoon; I pick it up at noon on Saturday. Will apparently have to take it back to have some dealer-installed stuff (LPO) added sometime next week. (Wi-Fi hotspot (their first), under-seat storage and rear tool box).

Anyway, when I bring it home I'll park it down by the river that comprises my front yard and snap a few photos. This is my 4th Duramax (1-LB7, 2-LMMs) and, having been "truckless" for four months now, am really looking forward to seeing if this thing's been worth the wait. I'll let you know.

----Mac

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD CC SRW LB D/A 4x4. Sonoma Red/Cocoa Dune. Roof lights, MyLink Nav, Wi-fi hotspot, sliding rear window, factory spray-in liner & a bunch of other crap. Ordered 12-16-14. Delivered 4/5/14.

2008 Chevy 3500HD D/A 4x4, LTZ, CC, LB, SRW. Silver Birch/Silver Leather. Nav, Bose, High Idle, Sunroof, XM, Etc. (Totaled: 12/11/13)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

We need to see pics or it ain't real!

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
macscott
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
We need to see pics or it ain't real!
Yeah, yeah, I understand. Then again, it ain't real to me yet 'cause I haven't even seen it. My wife drove by the dealership on her way home from work last night and saw it, though, so it must be almost real.

She wouldn't lie to me, would she? Huh? Huh?
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD CC SRW LB D/A 4x4. Sonoma Red/Cocoa Dune. Roof lights, MyLink Nav, Wi-fi hotspot, sliding rear window, factory spray-in liner & a bunch of other crap. Ordered 12-16-14. Delivered 4/5/14.

2008 Chevy 3500HD D/A 4x4, LTZ, CC, LB, SRW. Silver Birch/Silver Leather. Nav, Bose, High Idle, Sunroof, XM, Etc. (Totaled: 12/11/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by macscott View Post
Yeah, yeah, I understand. Then again, it ain't real to me yet 'cause I haven't even seen it. My wife drove by the dealership on her way home from work last night and saw it, though, so it must be almost real.

She wouldn't lie to me, would she? Huh? Huh?
Ooh - that would be cruel.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 04-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
IdahoSteve
Diesel Champ

Waiting for the pics.........
Old 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
wberg
Diesel Fanatic

Kansas Chapter DP Club Member

2015 3500hd Denali

Just picked up new truck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015 sierra truck.jpg (77.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 sierra my truck.jpg (195.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
macscott
Clutch

Well, it's been picked up and now resides in my garage. Took a few iPhone pics at the dealership, but they are pretty poor and not worth posting. Rained like hell today and my nice pretty red truck is filthy already with 63 miles on it...and my lawn by the river is soggy and can't be driven on 'til it dries out a bit.

What all this whining boils down to is that I have no pictures to post at present. We'll see what tomorrow brings. In the interim, I can say that this is one of the quietest vehicles...and certainly the quietest pickup...I have ever driven. Talking interior noise going down the freeway. Very, very quiet...and comfortable. Had to try out the heated steering wheel, which will be getting a lot of winter use. And the air-conditioned seats, just to see how they felt. Love 'em.

The factory spray-in bed liner, done robotically, appears to have been perfectly applied. I've had a few independently-done spray-in bedliners applied over the years, particularly Rhino. This one looks much more even, with no overspray or tape lines visible.

The DIC is a bit reminiscent of the one in a CTS-V Cadillac I used to own. Much more programmable than in my previous trucks. I like that it has "A" & "B" settings, giving a bit more versatility on trips.

That's the nutshell view from fewer than 100 miles driven. Time will, as always, tell. Only two bummers that almost broke the deal, but I just couldn't wait another 3-4 months: some fool deleted the TPMS feature from the truck, and some bigger fool decided not to put the ordered sunroof in the thing. Can live w/o both, and really have no option, but would rather have been able to monitor the tire pressure and let the wind into my lack of hair than not.

Pics will follow...promise.

----Mac

Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
dave007
Block Heater

wberg: Just ordered one just like yours. How long did it take to come in after they took the order?

2006 White GMC 2500HD SLT 4X4 LBZ....
Rhino bed liner...
265 Michelin M/S tires...
50 gal. fuel/toolbox combo...
Pullrite 16K Superglide...

1981 Chevy Silverado 350 diesel...
Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
FROGMAN524
Diesel Pro

Nice wberg! and OP post some pics!
UDP Tunes on V2/SOTF Switch/Danville 63.5 Billet-S480FMW Billet Twins by WCFab(Illusion Blue)/Exergy 100% Injectors/Exergy 12MM CP3/Banks Intercooler/HSP Billet Manifolds/PPE Up Pipes/PPE Oil Pan/PPE Deep Trans Pan/AirDog 165 II-4G/FloPro 5" SS Turbo Back/MBRP 6" SS Tip/CTS2 Insight/EDGE EGT Probe/EDGE 0-100 Boost Sensor/Cognito 4-6/Cognito Front Driveline/Cognito Swaybar/Cognito PISK/PPE Tie Rods/King 2.5 Resis/Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Bags/Air Lift Wireless One Compressor/Wilwood TX6R Brakes Front and Back/LT325/60R20 BFG KO2s/20x9 Method 309s/AMP Steps/Yukon 4.11s/Royalty Core RC1/Retrax Powertrax Pro MX/Titan STAFS 30 Gallon/JL C5s/JL 12TW3-D4/JL VX600/6i/JL XD300/1V2
Mike L Trans (Goerend R/Alto G3s/RatioTek)

SOLD2015.5 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali CCSB
SOLD2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CCSB SDP Twins/Mike L Trans/ATP Tunes

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
GM Customer Svc
Official GM Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wberg View Post
Just picked up new truck
Hey wberg,

Congrats on your new truck! I'm glad you posted pictures. It looks great. It was totally worth the wait, right?!

Best,

Andraya R.
GM Customer Care

Available Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Last edited by GM Customer Svc; 04-05-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in