GM Card Earnings on 2015 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
 
Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
chevyzr2s10
Diesel Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

GM Card Earnings on 2015

Did anyone who has purchased a 2015 HD use their GM card earnings on it. I have one on order and was planning to use about $2000 in earnings and when looking on the GM card website under eligible vehicles it only shows the 2014 Silverado HD. I hope they just haven't updated the site yet but I thought I would check here to see if anyone was able to use their earnings on a 2015.

Thanks

__________________
2015 3500HD SRW CC/LB 4WD Duramax

1996 Saturn SL2
Offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dom C
Diesel Apprentice
 
Dom C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: middletown, nj
Posts: 387
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

They will probably let us redeem points, but my guess is 1000 at most. I like your thought though.

__________________
Dom C

2015 3500 LTZ DRW
Dually Club Member #1047


SOLD 06 - LBZ LT3 4x4 CCLB
3500 SRW CLUB MEMBER #33
175,000 miles


Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
chevyzr2s10
Diesel Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom C View Post
They will probably let us redeem points, but my guess is 1000 at most. I like your thought though.

I emailed the question to GM Card customer service at about 8:30pm tonight thinking they would get back to me sometime tomorrow. But to my surprise they emailed me back at 9pm and said that the 2015 Silverado is eligible for GM points. However, they didn't mention any limits.

So that's at least some good news.
__________________
2015 3500HD SRW CC/LB 4WD Duramax

1996 Saturn SL2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
kakymax
Glow Plug
 
kakymax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 298
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

INDP Member

I've been told $1500 always stays same from one year to next only changes during bonus periods.
__________________
Current 2015 CCSB Black with Grey leather
5" Rough Country with PISK 22x11 American Force 33x12.50-22 Too M/T. AMP Steps, Recon Tails
Favorite truck Ive owned

Past truck

2011 LTZ CC, Red Line X Xtra, 305-55-20 Nitto Dura grapplers, Boss 9'2" with wings, Snow Plow prep


Sold:
2007.5 LTZ, CC, Black Interior, 20"x8.5 American Eagle Alloys for winter, 305-55/20 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Upper and Lower billet grilles TREX, GM 6 inch nerf bars, Cognito UCA's with Firestone air over shocks with wireless air compressor
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
97chevor
Diesel Boss
 
97chevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: US/Canada
Posts: 1,477
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

The GM Business Card offers the Best rebates.
__________________
2010 Gmc 2500 Duramax 853,500 miles - sold
2010-gmc-2500 maintance log
2013 Chevy 3500 LT CCSB, bought at 509,000 miles, now over 660,000 miles
2013 LT CC & Chassis with 9' Hillsboro Aluminum flatbed - under 84,000 miles - sold

Favorite book : The Richest Man in Babylon
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
chevyzr2s10
Diesel Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakymax View Post
I've been told $1500 always stays same from one year to next only changes during bonus periods.
You are correct I just heard back from customer service and the limit for the 2015 is $1,500.
__________________
2015 3500HD SRW CC/LB 4WD Duramax

1996 Saturn SL2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss
 
AXE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,491
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

A little off the subject, but I was only able to use my GM Card on one purchase and I think I only got $1000 or $1500 off on a Tahoe. Overall, I had horrible luck using my GM Card and eventually ditched it for a more flexible rewards card that has proven to be much better.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when they cancelled my points after hitting me for a late charge on some residual interest (literally pennies, not $) remaining after paying off the full balance. I decided in 2008 that I was going to quit using the card, but hold on to it so I could eventually use the points (I had over 10k). I called and asked a representative for an exact payoff amount and submitted a check for the same. A few months go by and I am not paying much attention to the account knowing I paid it off, when suddenly I get a call from them telling me I am three months past due. I say past due.....WTF? They inform me I had a remaining balance of pennies and they have since added about $60 in late fees and because of my negligence I forfeited all my points. I raised hell and wrote letters to HSBC the card administrator and GM. HSBC told me to suck it and GM said we can't do anything because we don't service the card.

What pissed me off even more was it showed up on my credit report as being 90 days late, I filed a protest but it didn't mean jack on that either.

So the lesson learned, don't waste your time with a card that is so narrow in its focus and don't assume the low rent agent on the end of the phone is giving you the exact payoff cause it could be $.10 off and cost you essentially $1000s of dollars in points.

Look into Discover Card, which provides a better return and you can use the cash back however you like.
__________________
2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector


SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
chevyzr2s10
Diesel Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXE View Post
A little off the subject, but I was only able to use my GM Card on one purchase and I think I only got $1000 or $1500 off on a Tahoe. Overall, I had horrible luck using my GM Card and eventually ditched it for a more flexible rewards card that has proven to be much better.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when they cancelled my points after hitting me for a late charge on some residual interest (literally pennies, not $) remaining after paying off the full balance. I decided in 2008 that I was going to quit using the card, but hold on to it so I could eventually use the points (I had over 10k). I called and asked a representative for an exact payoff amount and submitted a check for the same. A few months go by and I am not paying much attention to the account knowing I paid it off, when suddenly I get a call from them telling me I am three months past due. I say past due.....WTF? They inform me I had a remaining balance of pennies and they have since added about $60 in late fees and because of my negligence I forfeited all my points. I raised hell and wrote letters to HSBC the card administrator and GM. HSBC told me to suck it and GM said we can't do anything because we don't service the card.

What pissed me off even more was it showed up on my credit report as being 90 days late, I filed a protest but it didn't mean jack on that either.

So the lesson learned, don't waste your time with a card that is so narrow in its focus and don't assume the low rent agent on the end of the phone is giving you the exact payoff cause it could be $.10 off and cost you essentially $1000s of dollars in points.

Look into Discover Card, which provides a better return and you can use the cash back however you like.

I agree with you that there are better alternatives for points but my experience with GM Card has been different so far. Recently the "New" GM card has been taken over by Capitol One and they made it so the points don't expire. On the old GM card the points would expire after 7 years.

I am using my parents GM card points when I purchase my 2015 because they have no plans to use the points and are planning on getting rid of the card anyway.

Well I placed my order in February and when I checked out how many points they had it said that almost $500 worth of the points were expiring in April. They said that any points earned on the "old" GM card would expire after 7 years from when they were earned. Any points earned on the "New" GM Card don't expire. Well this was not good because my truck was due to be delivered in May.

I called GM card and explained that I would have purchased a vehicle now but there were none on the lots that met my requirements so I was forced to order one. They said if I provide proof of the order that they will extend the expiration of my points until June. I thought that was pretty good customer service, but we will see if they actually follow through on their promise.
__________________
2015 3500HD SRW CC/LB 4WD Duramax

1996 Saturn SL2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dmax affair
Diesel Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 443
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I loved the GM card, bought three trucks for myself and one for the FIL. Always used the full redemption and got the $1000 bonus on my 2012.. BUT they have taken away the GM card for us Canadians, so my next truck may be a Ram!
__________________
2018 GMC Denali 3500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Frost white.

Traded:2015 GMC Denali 3500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Summit white.

Traded:2012 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Graystone metallic.

Sold:2003 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Summit white.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dom C
Diesel Apprentice
 
Dom C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: middletown, nj
Posts: 387
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Great news on the 1500. Thanks for posting!

__________________
Dom C

2015 3500 LTZ DRW
Dually Club Member #1047


SOLD 06 - LBZ LT3 4x4 CCLB
3500 SRW CLUB MEMBER #33
175,000 miles


Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 z06 debut-2015 2500hd towing it dmax3500 Off Topic 1 01-15-2014 12:15 AM
GM Card earnings and GM Emp. pricing OutbackDragger New Vehicle Information 9 08-27-2008 04:35 PM
$now removal earnings. What is average? got-h2o Truck Uses 48 01-22-2007 07:54 PM
GM CARD BONUS Earnings Mrted775 New Vehicle Information 34 01-31-2006 12:25 AM
gm card earnings wickll Off Topic 8 01-26-2006 01:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
© AutoGuide