2015 Silverado 3500 CC SRW-Shipped - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
TiredFarmer
Gone but not forgotten member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Maybe they could make me a new Kodiak and haul two at once!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Member #1063 3500 Dually Club
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

Nah, a new Kodiak I believe you should do at least four. Let's see you could stack them like they haul Semi Tractors.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
MRC
Glow Plug

I understand the need for cost effective shipping and making sure the truck or train is full. That said, Farmer might be onto something..why couldn't they offer a "rush" shipping option if the buyer or dealer wants/needs the vehicle asap?
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

I would actually like to get it shipped but a month sitting and not shipped seems way too long for a sold unit that gets priority for production and then just sits and sits. I just hope there are no quality control issues when it finally arrives. Some dealers are getting Ft. Wayne shipments but all I've seen are gassers. Don't know if that means there is a problem with the diesels but I don't think so since Flint is shipping them much more timely. I don't believe it has anything whatsoever to do with the Ft. Wayne plant, just an order fulfillment issue within GM/Chevrolet. And after it arrives in the rail yard, it's another 3-5 days to be trucked to the dealer that is an hour and half from the rail yard.

Last edited by Tatertoter; 03-03-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
TiredFarmer
Gone but not forgotten member

This does sound like an issue GM Customer Care needs to push. Sold orders should have priority shipping over units for the sales lot! At a minimum it should be shipped with first available load, and add some for the sales floor with it/them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Member #1063 3500 Dually Club
Old 03-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

And the Farmer is willing and can handle those issues for the price of freight on the new trucks. I believe a business plan is developing Farmer. If we could only get someone to present that to.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
wberg
Diesel Fanatic

Kansas Chapter DP Club Member

Here's the codes I found on GM site
• 3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
• 3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
• 3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
• 3400 Order Broadcasted for Production loaded onto production line computers and sent to suppliers. Vehicle build process is underway and its locked in sequence to the end of the line)
• 3800 Vehicle Produced
• 4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
• 4104 Bailment Invoice Created
• 4B00 Bayed (“B”, not 8)
• 4106 Bailment Released
• 4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
• 4200 Vehicle Shipped
• 4300 Intermediate Delivery (Upfitter etc)
• 4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
• 4800 Rail Ramp Unload, delivery by truck to dealer
• 5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
• 6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
• 9000 Order Cancelled
Old 03-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC View Post
I understand the need for cost effective shipping and making sure the truck or train is full. That said, Farmer might be onto something..why couldn't they offer a "rush" shipping option if the buyer or dealer wants/needs the vehicle asap?
Let me reiterate this: GM doesn't ship any vehicles, that is all handled by a shipping company. GM's contract specifies that the shipping company is responsible for shipping all vehicles at a set price. That means when the company ships a vehicle 20 miles, they make a huge profit, since delivery charges is just under $1,000. When they ship it 2500 miles, they obviously make a lot less. If GM were to start pulling vehicles for local or specialized delivery, I'm betting it would void their contract, not to mention drive the shipping company nuts. Even in the odd case where GM does a local delivery, the shipping company still gets paid. Case in point: when I ordered my 2006, I knew someone who could expedite the order. Instead of waiting 6 to 8 weeks, the truck was at the dealer a week later, driven there by a plant employee or a dealer employee, I'm not sure which. But I still had to pay the $800+ delivery fee to cover GM's charge by the delivery company. So there is no incentive to offer any kind of specialized delivery when they still have to pay the delivery company.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 03-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

GM has been using the set price for deliveries for several years to equalize the cost throughout the CONUS. I don't know if they have a surcharge outside the CONUS but that wouldn't apply to me anyway. I don't believe most people would ask that they pull a vehicle and I wouldn't as well. I would ask that they look at their shipping process and see if it can be improved and I believe it can. The shipping charge for a 2500 is over $1,000 and shipping seems to be a process rooted in the past when there could possibly be more efficient methods of meeting customer demand for ordered vehicles. It seems to me it's a "that's the way we always done it" and if they aren't careful competition might dictate them finding faster ways to get product to consumers. If market share is important, they need to figure out how to more quickly respond to sold orders in my opinion.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatertoter View Post
GM has been using the set price for deliveries for several years to equalize the cost throughout the CONUS. I don't know if they have a surcharge outside the CONUS but that wouldn't apply to me anyway. I don't believe most people would ask that they pull a vehicle and I wouldn't as well. I would ask that they look at their shipping process and see if it can be improved and I believe it can. The shipping charge for a 2500 is over $1,000 and shipping seems to be a process rooted in the past when there could possibly be more efficient methods of meeting customer demand for ordered vehicles. It seems to me it's a "that's the way we always done it" and if they aren't careful competition might dictate them finding faster ways to get product to consumers. If market share is important, they need to figure out how to more quickly respond to sold orders in my opinion.
While I don't doubt the process could be improved upon, the problem lies in someone having the logistics and equipment to be able to handle the volume of vehicles.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in