2015 Silverado 3500 CC SRW-Shipped - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
TiredFarmer
Gone but not forgotten member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatertoter View Post
Farmer nailed that one. Mine has been sitting since Feb 3 waiting to be shipped from Ft. Wayne. Sold vehicles are priority for production but it ends there. I believe that GM is rooted in "that's the way we've always done it" to come up on more efficient shipping methods. The answer we receive is always the canned one that is on the screen for response to particular questions. I don't bother for updates any more because it makes no difference. The customer is not a priority or concern to large bureaucratic organizations.
Maybe the General would make a deal with me. Sell me a new Dually at wholesale and give me a contract to haul new duramax trucks to their new owners! I'd be willing to spend some days on the road delivering them, with a courtesy call to owner prior to it reaching the dealership. By the time the first year was up I'd be ready to convince them of a need for a new MD (Kodiak) truck!

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Member #1063 3500 Dually Club
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredFarmer View Post
Maybe the General would make a deal with me. Sell me a new Dually at wholesale and give me a contract to haul new duramax trucks to their new owners! I'd be willing to spend some days on the road delivering them, with a courtesy call to owner prior to it reaching the dealership. By the time the first year was up I'd be ready to convince them of a need for a new MD (Kodiak) truck!

Now that sounds like a plan. I'm betting lots of dealers would be happy to have sold vehicles hitting the streets as well. I believe you're on to something. Give ole Mary a call and see what she thinks. LOL

Old 02-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
TiredFarmer

Yeah, I figure allowing the 10 hr's on the road I could.make pretty good time based on my road trips I normally make! If it went well enough, the second year maybe I could switch to the Kenworth instead and haul more than one at a time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Last edited by TiredFarmer; 02-28-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

Right now I think ole Mary could use some help and you might just be the ticket she needs. Don't believe selling and delivery of vehicles has her attention right now. You could run the wheels off that new 3500 delivering our trucks just sitting in Ft. Wayne.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
How about explaining these variables to the rest of us then! Your comment without any data is a waste of breath. I can drive from Flint, Mi to Minnesota in 3 days!
The variables are with the carrier company. GM pays a carrier service (GM doesn't do it's own deliveries) to deliver all it's vehicles. Once the vehicle leaves the GM assembly line, the carrier company schedules deliveries so they take the most amount of vehicles possible to a dealer at one time. That's why a car or truck can sit at the factory for a week or more. The carrier service (trucking company) makes less money if they only deliver one vehicle than they do if they deliver six or seven, so they schedule their deliveries accordingly. Same thing holds true for railroad cars. Again, the carrier company is going to schedule full rail cars, not half empty ones to maximize their profit, which means cars or trucks may sit in a rail car or yard for a week or more, depending on final destination. As with all things, it's all about the dollar.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 03-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
TiredFarmer

Tom, it makes sense to me. I was just sarcastically pointing how that comment from her was a non answer, like the ones from politicians! It would have been nice for GM's rep to say that.

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Old 03-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Tom, it makes sense to me. I was just sarcastically pointing how that comment from her was a non answer, like the ones from politicians! It would have been nice for GM's rep to say that.

People who represent GM (and most large companies)are traditionally very careful what they say, expecially on a public forum, for liability purposes. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
TiredFarmer

Maybe changing the code to "ready for shipment" would be more appropriate for a completed assembly then!

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
wberg
Diesel Fanatic

Kansas Chapter DP Club Member

2015 3500hd Denali

Dealer called this morning and said truck is at code 3400. Hope to get update that its being built soon.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tatertoter
Diesel Newbie

Well Farmer, I believe we still need you to start hauling those trucks. Mine is still at the plant awaiting rail shipment. There just seems to be a better equally cost efficient way to get vehicles to dealers. I think GM is stuck in the "that's the way we do things" mode when there could be a faster way. Today marks one month the truck has been sitting awaiting shipment. The dealer is a small dealer and wants to truck here ASAP for the sale.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in