when are the 2015 2500hd avaliable to buy - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Duramax6spd View Post
From what I gather from this thread I can order a 15 now and maybe get it in Feb or Mar? I'm trying to order a 14 now but dealer says I can't . Guess if I can get a 15 by Mar I'd go for that. Need a 3500 Crew C&C 4x4 in Blue to match my 13 3500.
I think you missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
The only thing I've heard is dealers can start taking orders late February or early March. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be available then though.
The factory doesn't typically take orders until after they have made the changes and have the lines up and running. The first several hundred trucks off the line go to dealers first to get the image out there.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
garrett41
Rather Be Fishin'

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
I'm an engineer that has been working in the automotive industry for 1 years. I have to say, you guys lining up to buy the very first trucks off the assembly line are absolutely nuts. Give them a few months to get the bugs worked out of everything before you buy one.
I have one of the early 2011's, it was born in Q3 of 2010.

It has been nearly flawless minus the occasional poor DEF quality message which was easily taken care of. (a problem that still exists today in current models)

If they did alright on the one I have with a switch to an all new chassis and engine for the 2011 models, I'm pretty sure they can manage the swap to some new body panels and an updated interior with this one... I'll take my chances...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
... The first several hundred trucks off the line go to dealers first to get the image out there.
Yep, about the best thing you can do if you MUST have one right away, is to try to talk to your local dealer ahead of time to see if they will order one "for themselves" that just happens to be EXACTLY what you want. Their willingness to do so may depend on your relationship with them, but it would allow your truck to be built in their initial batch order of vehicles.

I actually want to see the new trucks in person before placing my order, so I'll wait until the dealer has a few on the lot. In particular, I want to see the paint colors in person before making a decision on that aspect.

2013 Palomino Puma Unleashed 356QLB Toy Hauler
36ft, 12ft Garage, 14,500lbs GVW

Last edited by garrett41; 11-24-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
GMCTRUCK
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
I'm an engineer that has been working in the automotive industry for 1 years. I have to say, you guys lining up to buy the very first trucks off the assembly line are absolutely nuts. Give them a few months to get the bugs worked out of everything before you buy one.
Wouldn't worry too much. Chassis, engines, drivelines unchanged. Same stuff that came out in 2011.
2017 Peterbilt 337 PX9, Allison 3000 RDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
BanksLB7Duramax
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCTRUCK View Post
Wouldn't worry too much. Chassis, engines, drivelines unchanged. Same stuff that came out in 2011.
Exactly. It's not like we are buying the Spruce Goose and taking it out for its first spin. Plus, the body and interior has been on the half-ton chassis for awhile now.
MY FUELLY PAGE LINK

1984 C20 6.2 J Code TH400
Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Datdude
Diesel Starter

My buddy called me last week and said that he saw a new white Chevy dually on a double-decker car hauler headed North on I-75 in Michigan. Test mule?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

Depends on where on 75 he saw it. They are built in Flint Assembly which you can see from I-75. If he saw it north of there, it could be headed to the Sault Ste Marie area or Northern Ontario. GM and/or suppliers have test facilities in both areas.

SOLD:
2003 LB7 ECSB 4X4
Tuxedo cover
LT265/75R16 Michelin MS2

Senior Development Engineer
Vehicle Dynamics
General Motors Milford Proving Grounds

Last edited by MTU alum; 12-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
salmandmx
Diesel Boss

For what its worth I just finished filling out an order sheet on the 2015 Sierra Denali HD. The order was turned in on Thursday Dec 13th which I believe was the first day of taking orders. The owner said the truck should arrive late January but the gentleman that works for the plant said late Feb. So im guessing he probably knows more than my buddy so I guess its gona be almost march before I get my truck
Old 12-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
UrbanRedneck
Diesel Apprentice

new brownstone metallic color -- My least favorite color, for safety reasons. I'll never buy anything in that or similar tan / taupe / brown. Maybe it's where I live, a rural area with lots of foggy, muddy, dark, dreary days anytime other than summer. But those brown tones are too difficult to see on dreary and stormy days. Some of the idiots around here drive around in their brownish vehicles without the lights on, and they are almost invisible out on the foggy country roads. I've even had to look twice to see some of them in town. No, I don't have cataracts or vision problems, either, lol.

btw, the Ohio state police used to have white Crown Vics, and then later they switched to a nice ark gray. Even that color was pretty good at blending into the dirt and vegetation.
reg cab member #116
sticker data:
stock locking diff & 3.73 rear
electronic shift transfer case
snow plow prep & 5th wheel pkgs.
HD trailering equipment pkg.
glove box sticker: 1GCHK24D66E153225
Goodyear Commercial TA Traction LT265/75R16E (for winter)
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
dave10
Sparkplug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmandmx View Post
For what its worth I just finished filling out an order sheet on the 2015 Sierra Denali HD. The order was turned in on Thursday Dec 13th which I believe was the first day of taking orders. The owner said the truck should arrive late January but the gentleman that works for the plant said late Feb. So im guessing he probably knows more than my buddy so I guess its gona be almost march before I get my truck
What are your interior color options on the denali?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
MRC
Glow Plug

My dealer submitted a sold order for me that was accepted on 12/10. 3500 Crew SRW LTZ. He was guessing mid to late Jan but I guess we'll wait and see.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in