when are the 2015 2500hd avaliable to buy - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'm pretty sure the snow prep vs sun roof hasn't changed, since it was like that when I ordered my 06. I love my sun roof. The only problem with the rear slider is you can't get the rear defroster with it.

I also understand you can't get the spray liner over bed rails either, which has saved mine numerous times. If it's a dealer applied item, maybe you can talk to them about doing it. I hope it's comparable to Line-X because that stuff has worn like iron in mine.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
BButkus51
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I'm pretty sure on the new body style trucks you can get the rear slider with defroster. My dad has a '14 half ton that has both options. I hope it's the same for the new HD's.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
garrett41
Rather Be Fishin'

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BButkus51 View Post
I'm pretty sure on the new body style trucks you can get the rear slider with defroster. My dad has a '14 half ton that has both options. I hope it's the same for the new HD's.
I hope you are right about the rear slider and defrost being available together. I wouldn't want to give that up...

And Tom, the over the rails bed liner isn't an option on the duallies anyways because the fenders are actually open on top if you remove the plastic covers. So unless they've changed that, under the rail bed coating will be all I can get anyways...

2013 Palomino Puma Unleashed 356QLB Toy Hauler
36ft, 12ft Garage, 14,500lbs GVW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
closs2sx
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

when do the double cabs or extended cabs start getting produced?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
when do the double cabs or extended cabs start getting produced?
Same time.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
grandpa truck
Diesel Head

Where can you look at the 2015 options? Any links?
Old 11-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Looks like the rear slider is a no-go

Quote:
Distribution Updates

Updates for (2015) Sierra 2500HD

Week of 11/18/2013
Effective 11/18/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

•All Cabs SEO/Ship Thru section-(SFW) Back-up alarm calibration, updated footnote to read "Not available with SEO (8S3) back-up alarm or (UY2) trailer wiring provisions.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab SEO/Ship Thru section-Added (5V1) Carrier with spare wheel - no tire, Includes spare wheel and tire carrier but no spare tire. This option is "A" available on 1SA with a footnote that reads "Requires (ZW9) pickup box delete and (9L3) spare tire delete.".

Week of 11/18/2013
Effective 11/18/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

•All Cabs all sections-Updated all footnotes with (NZZ) to read "Underbody Shield".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab all sections-Updated all footnotes by deleting (A48) power sliding rear window entirely.
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(PCM) SLT Preferred Package, updated extended description to read "includes (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UVD) heated steering wheel". Also, removed footnote 1 entirely.
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(PDD) SLE Convenience Package, updated extended description to read "includes (JF4) power-adjustable pedals, (UD7) Rear Park Assist and (C49) rear-window defogger".
•Crew Cab Interior section-(TG5) Single-slot CD/MP3 player, added a footnote 2 on 4SA that reads "Replaced by (U42) rear seat DVD/Blu-Ray Entertainment Package when (U42) is ordered.".
•Crew Cab Interior section-Added (U42) Entertainment Package, rear seat DVD/Blu-ray player with 9.2 inch LCD display, 2 sets of wireless headphones and A/V remote control, available on 4SA with a footnote that reads "Requires (AN3) front bucket seats and (UQA) Bose premium audio system. Replaces (TG5) single-slot CD/MP3 player.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(UVC) Rear Vision Camera, added footnote on 3SA and 4SA that reads "Not included when (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete is ordered.".
•Regular Cab Interior section-(UVC) Rear Vision Camera, added footnote on 3SA that reads "Not included when (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete is ordered.".
•All Cabs Interior section-Added (SFV) LPO, GMC WiFi, (dealer-installed), with "A/D" availability on all trims.
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(DD8) Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, changed availability on 1SA to "A" and applied footnote 1.
•Regular Cab Interior section-Added (DD8) Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, with "A" availability on 1SA and 3SA with a footnote that reads "Included and only available with (DPN) outside heated power-adjustable camper mirrors."
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(A48) Window, power, rear sliding with rear defogger, deleted option entirely.
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(UD7) Rear Park Assist, updated footnote to read "Included and only available with (PDD) SLE Convenience Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete.".
•Regular Cab Exterior section-(UD7) Rear Park Assist, updated footnote to read "Not available with (Y65) Driver Alert Package, (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, updated footnote to read "Included and only available with (PCM) SLT Preferred Package or (Y65) Driver Alert Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete.".
•Regular Cab Exterior section-(UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, updated footnote to read "Included and only available with (Y65) Driver Alert Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete.".
•All Cabs Exterior section-(DPN) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, updated footnote 1 to read "Requires (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package. Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror.".
•All Cabs Mechanical section-(VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package, changed "Skid Plate Package" to "underbody shield" in the extended description.
•All Cabs Mechanical section-(NZZ) Skid Plate Package, changed description to "Underbody Shield".
•All Cabs Mechanical section-(JL1) Trailer brake controller, updated footnote 1 to read "Included and only available with (Z82) trailering equipment. Available to order with (ZW9) pickup box delete.".

Week of 11/11/2013
Effective 11/11/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

•Regular Cab Exterior section-Added (DPN) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, manual-folding and extending, black. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 50 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 20 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) with "A" availability on 1SA and 3SA with a footnote on 1SA that reads "Requires (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package and (Z82) trailering equipment. Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror." Added a footnote on 3SA that reads "Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror.".
•All Cabs Exterior section-(ZW9) Pickup box, delete, updated extended description to read "includes (9J4) rear bumper delete, spare tire delete and spare tire carrier delete and deletes (Z82) trailering equipment if equipped".
•All Cabs Mechanical section-(L96) Engine, Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI, updated extended description to read " E85-compatible, FlexFuel, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol (360 hp [268.4 kW] @ 5400 rpm, 380 lb-ft of torque [515.0 N-m] @ 4200 rpm) with (E63) fleetside pickup box; (322 hp [240.1 kW] @ 4400 rpm, 380 lb-ft of torque [515.0 N-m] @ 4200 rpm) with (ZW9) pickup box delete.".
•All Cabs Mechanical section-(Z82) Trailering Equipment, updated footnote 2 to read "Deleted when (ZW9) pickup box delete or (9J4) rear bumper delete is ordered.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Mechanical section-(UY2) Trailering wiring provisions, updated footnote to read "Requires (Z82) trailering equipment. Not available with (LC8) 6.0L V8 SFI Gaseous CNG (compressed natural gas) engine, with hardened valves and valve seats .Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete".
•Regular Cab Mechanical section-(UY2) Trailering wiring provisions, updated footnote to read "Requires (Z82) trailering equipment. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete.".

Week of 11/4/2013
Effective 11/4/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

•All Cabs Exterior section-(PYR) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) forged polished aluminum, updated extended description to read "includes 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) steel spare wheel. Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(PYS) Wheels, 20" (50.8 cm) forged polished aluminum, updated extended description to read "includes 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) steel spare wheel. Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered.".
•All Cabs Exterior section-Added (NZ4) Wheels, 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) full-size, steel spare. Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered. This option is "S" availability on 1SA and 3SA with a footnote that reads "Requires 17" wheels and tires.".
•Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-Added (N79) Wheel, 18" x 8" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) full-size, steel spare. Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered. This option is "A" available on 1SA and 3SA and "black box" on 4SA with a footnote that reads "Requires 18" or 20" wheels and tires.".
•Regular Cab Exterior section-Added (N79) Wheel, 18" x 8" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) full-size, steel spare. Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered. This option is "A" available on 1SA and 3SA with a footnote that reads "Requires 18" wheels and tires.".

You can pick thru here Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

I cut and pasted from the "Distribution Updates" hyper link on that page.

The hyperlinks in the top right will allow you to see all models, and/ or change division (to, say, Chevrolet)

And, by clicking on "ordering info", the sunroof and plow prep still cannot be ordered on the same truck. I found it under interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 11-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
BButkus51
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Wow that stinks. That was one new option I was looking forward to getting. Loved it on my dad's half ton.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
01Duramax6spd
Diesel Guru

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

From what I gather from this thread I can order a 15 now and maybe get it in Feb or Mar? I'm trying to order a 14 now but dealer says I can't . Guess if I can get a 15 by Mar I'd go for that. Need a 3500 Crew C&C 4x4 in Blue to match my 13 3500.
13 3500 crew cab long bed LML

Buy U.S. grown beef and tire tanks
Old 11-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
knaffie
Diesel Boss

Michigan Oil Burners Member

I'm an engineer that has been working in the automotive industry for 1 years. I have to say, you guys lining up to buy the very first trucks off the assembly line are absolutely nuts. Give them a few months to get the bugs worked out of everything before you buy one.

SOLD 12/15.... 06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in