Feedback on my latest trade quotes - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
HFH
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Feedback on my latest trade quotes

Hi, its this time to upgrade(I know, I don't NEED to). I am going to trade in the truck in my signature for a new similiar equipped LML and have a few questions on what my best bets are.

2011 CC SB 2500 4x4 with my preferred factory options $54,050 MSRP
They want my truck plus $32,417.

Extras I need added: B&W t/o hitch($680), vent visors($150), bug deflector($150), bed cover($450), line-x bed($450) heated bench seats($550) all for a total of $2430.

$32417+$2430=$34,847 plus t/l.

1) Am I better off getting the extras seperate or part of the new pickup deal? Most of these are generally in line with what it would cost me to have done elsewhere individually unless one place has it all for a package deal.(could check on a couple places and see what they can come up with).

2) Should I upgrade to a 3500 SRW instead of a 2500? $1500 more to upgrade

3) Now that I have shared my quoted prices, what do you guys think is a fair ballpark # to offer them for the new pickup alone and or new pickup plus the extras included

My thoughts to this point. I offer them $30k even and do the deal on the extras somewhere else. Or offer them $32k even with the extras. What do you think? I realize the dealer does not have as much room to bargain as before. I know with their quote there is about $2000+ of room to meet me unless I calculated their invoice cash price wrong. Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks.

2001 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Quad
Cab LB 4x4. BD converter/valve body, Fass Pump, V-Boss Plow--For Sale

SOLD----2007 Chevy Classic 3500 LT SRW Crew Cab Long Box LBZ 4x4--Buckstop Classic w/Line-x coating bumper, XDs, 285x70r17s XTX WC's, B&W TO BALL, Rhino Liner, Low Profile Access Cover, MegaStep Boards, Hood Deflector, Window Vent Shades, S&B Cold Air Intake, Blocked EGR, EFI Live, Fass Pump, Exhaust/Downpipe, Smartstart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
mcaveman
Self Ignition

DelMarVa Diesel Club Member

I dont think you should do it this way. Go to a couple dealers first and pretend you dont have a trade and find your best price.Then throw the curveball at them to see what there really gonna give you for your trade,If its crap try the dealer that gave you the 2nd lowest price. I would think you can get ~8-10K off that truck. Just an idea if your not in a rush it can save you thousands!

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
HFH
Diesel Fanatic

I did get a quote from 3 dealers, they were all within a 100 to 200 bucks of one another. I figured in the dealer's invoice price, which I came out to 91.75% of MSRP. There's also a couple grand in rebates at this time. Basically, at this time, not much to work with presently. I could be wrong though if someone with inside updated info would share the true dealer cost.

SOLD----2007 Chevy Classic 3500 LT SRW Crew Cab Long Box LBZ 4x4--Buckstop Classic w/Line-x coating bumper, XDs, 285x70r17s XTX WC's, B&W TO BALL, Rhino Liner, Low Profile Access Cover, MegaStep Boards, Hood Deflector, Window Vent Shades, S&B Cold Air Intake, Blocked EGR, EFI Live, Fass Pump, Exhaust/Downpipe, Smartstart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
bayoubengal
Glow Plug

Go to www.truecar.com it's free and will give you dealer cost, invoice, etc.

Towing a 13,000 lb. 2008 Cardinal 35 foot 5th wheel.

Sold 2002 Silverado 2500HD, 8.1L
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
HFH
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal View Post
Go to www.truecar.com it's free and will give you dealer cost, invoice, etc.

Thanks for the link. That was quite helpful. I see its got one more feature(dealer cost) on this one whereas Edmunds didn't have that feature. I think I have a better idea of what to offer now. Thanks

Old 09-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
rkymtnman
Diesel Fanatic

Has anyone ever used that trucar Best local dealer / best price option? The links refer me to "a dealer" 77 miles from my place. Seem like a good price but wondering if it is some goose chase that wouldn't be honored by this "highly rated dealer". LOL.

Thanks

2008 3500 CCLB SRW (gone)
2005 2500HD CCSB (gone)
2001 2500HD CCLB (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in