What is it worth - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
05 duramax
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

What is it worth

How much could I get on trade for my 05 lt3 with 27*** miles? It is in great shape with no dentd or rust. I am just toying with the idea of trading for an 11.

2011 lml crew cab 4x4 slt (traded)

2016 Denali 3500 dual rear wheel

2007 wildwood camper 27' (traded)

2010 silverback fifth wheel 37' (traded)

2014 jayco eagle 375bhfs

2012 ski Doo xp 600 e-tech

2002 harley davidson night train 95ci engine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
TrevorD
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Wow, those are low miles! I will easily have that amount of miles on my LML within 8-9 months. I would recommend checking KBB and edmunds.com for values, then get on eBay and see what similar trucks are selling for and/or bid up to. You might be surprised how much money it brings! If the truck was in West Texas, you could easily get low $20's for it. A friend of mine sold his '06 LBZ LT3 4x4 with 100k on the clock for $20k. Your low mileage is going to het a lot of interest considering most '05's will have a lot more. I sold my '08 LTZ with 70k on the clock for $35k. But, that did include all mods on the truck. If you decide to sell it private party, I would ask your dealer if you can do an in and out. This way you'll still get the tax credit for it. This is what I did with my '08, and it saved me $2100. Just tell or list in the eBay auction that the vehicle will be purchased for the agreed-upon price/winning bid through the dealership that you're going to buy your truck. My dealer charged me $100 to run the truck through to cover the cost of paperwork, labor, etc. I thought that was very fair.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
bobbss
Diesel Head

Send a message via Yahoo to bobbss

Their giving me $17,000.00 trade in for my 04.5 LS with 9X,XXX miles.They said that since I was ordering one that they was giving me alittle more than if I was trying to buy one off the lot.I would think you could get another $4,000.00-$5,000.00 than me for trade in.
2002 Yamaha YZ426F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Huntindog
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
Wow, those are low miles! I will easily have that amount of miles on my LML within 8-9 months. I would recommend checking KBB and edmunds.com for values, then get on eBay and see what similar trucks are selling for and/or bid up to. You might be surprised how much money it brings! If the truck was in West Texas, you could easily get low $20's for it. A friend of mine sold his '06 LBZ LT3 4x4 with 100k on the clock for $20k. Your low mileage is going to het a lot of interest considering most '05's will have a lot more. I sold my '08 LTZ with 70k on the clock for $35k. But, that did include all mods on the truck. If you decide to sell it private party, I would ask your dealer if you can do an in and out. This way you'll still get the tax credit for it. This is what I did with my '08, and it saved me $2100. Just tell or list in the eBay auction that the vehicle will be purchased for the agreed-upon price/winning bid through the dealership that you're going to buy your truck. My dealer charged me $100 to run the truck through to cover the cost of paperwork, labor, etc. I thought that was very fair.
In most if not all states, that would be illegal.

If the dealer sells it, he must charge sales tax on it.

Any dealer particpating in such a scheme would open themselves up to tax fraud charges.

The purchaser of the new truck in such an arrangement could (depending on the particulars of local laws) get billed for the taxes that they avoided.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
TrevorD
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindog View Post
In most if not all states, that would be illegal.

If the dealer sells it, he must charge sales tax on it.

Any dealer particpating in such a scheme would open themselves up to tax fraud charges.

The purchaser of the new truck in such an arrangement could (depending on the particulars of local laws) get billed for the taxes that they avoided.
The dealer collects sales tax from the buyer. The only time they wouldn't would be if the buyer was out of state. Even then, some will still collect the sales tax and send it to your local tax office/tax assessor. I've bought quite a few vehicles out of state, and in most cases they actually don't collect the sales tax. They leave it up to me to deal with locally once I have the title. There's nothing illegal about it.

Last edited by TrevorD; 07-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in