2011 Sierra 2500HD CCSB - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Longshanx
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2011 Sierra 2500HD CCSB

Hello Everyone, I am new here and looking forward to spending some time learning and sharing information. I am extremely excited to say that I just got back from the dealer. Ordered the truck in the title with the SLT package and every available option except sun/moon roof and entertainment system. I was told 10 weeks. There was a Sierra 1/2 ton (2010) on the showroom floor w/SLT package that had the wood trim in the interior. The dealer could not tell me for sure if my truck would have wood trim. Not a deal breaker but i'm curious, does anybody know what I should expect. Just one of many questions going through my head. Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
richterscale
Diesel Starter

First, welcome to the forum!

I'm quite sure that the slt will have the wood trim. If you do not like it, GM has all ss trim instead of wood for their all-terrain package in the half ton trucks. I've never checked, but I'll bet you could order replacement trim through the parts department and swap the wood for ss.

LBZ Intake & Turbo mouthpiece
Ridge Runner Tuning
Tuff Country 4" lift
285/70/17 Duratracs
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
TrevorD
Diesel Apprentice

Yeah, you can order the brushed aluminum trim and swap it out. You just need a parts guy willing to look some part numbers up. I did it on my '08, and I'm gonna do it on my '11 once I see what shows up with wood. I'll post the part numbers once I have them ordered. I should have my truck late this next week, so I'll be ordering trim parts right after it's delivered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Longshanx
Block Heater

Thanks for the reply guys. Don't get me wrong I do like the looks of the wood trim as it adds a little class to the interior. I'm currently in a 07 Tundra and it's interior is pretty basic. On another note, I was told by the "truck guy" at the dealership that there was a hold on the diesels due to some quality control issue that he could not get specific on. Didn't sound like a big deal but it might hold up delivery on some trucks. Does anyone know where these trucks are built.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shrdlu
Diesel Fanatic

I, on the other hand, hate that wood trim stuff. Is the swap for brushed aluminum a simple snap-off, snap-on job or is it more complicated?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Farmer Dave
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrdlu View Post
I, on the other hand, hate that wood trim stuff. Is the swap for brushed aluminum a simple snap-off, snap-on job or is it more complicated?
Once you figure out how it comes off it's quite simple. It will take you a while but it's not complicated you just take your time and you'll be fine.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
TrevorD
Diesel Apprentice

The trucks are built in Flint, MI. I believe the extended cab trucks will be built in Ft Wayne, IN. The trim is just a snap-on setup. You'll want something thin to pry the old stuff off with, but it's easy. I agree to take your time.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Longshanx
Block Heater

I was just informed by the dealer that the wood trim in the interior was not available in the 2500HD unless you ordered the Denali package. Now this is for the Sierra, not sure about the Silverado. My order will hopefully be placed today. Can anybody tell me if camarotracking.com is available to GMC orders or is that strictly for Chevy?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
richterscale
Diesel Starter

Did your dealer tell you what trim was on the interior of the slt? now I'm curious, as all the test trucks in the reviews with the slt interior had wood trim.

LBZ Intake & Turbo mouthpiece
Ridge Runner Tuning
Tuff Country 4" lift
285/70/17 Duratracs
Old 07-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Longshanx
Block Heater

The dealer did not say what interior was on the truck in the showroom. Now I wish i'd asked. I do know that it was not a 2500HD (1/2 ton Sierra SLT) and am now under the impression that it's only offered in that line for whatever reason. This is all under the assumption that my dealer is being honest with me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in