GMC vs Chevy on price? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ted308
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

GMC vs Chevy on price?

I saw that you can build on gmc site and the Denali came out to 59,600. Now correct me if I am wrong but hasn't gmc traditionally sold there trucks for more money then Chevy? Just curious so I can get an idea of the ltz price I figured the Denali is the most expensive GM truck on t he market.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
towdog333
Diesel Mythbuster

GMC is usually more expensive than the Chevy, did you build a Chevy to see the price difference. The economy being the way it is the price may have dropped, who knows

Citizens against pushing #1 member # 16
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ted308
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by towdog333 View Post
GMC is usually more expensive than the Chevy, did you build a Chevy to see the price difference. The economy being the way it is the price may have dropped, who knows

Cant build a truck on the chevy website yet , was just curious since I put an order in but there is no way I am gonna spend mid 60's on a truck.
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
ryanryan
Diesel Prodigy

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

I was wanting to build a Chevy but couldn't as well. I'm pretty sure the SLT is the exact equivalent of the LTZ, and the denali is even more $$. So if you build an SLT, I think it will be the same price for the Chevy....that's what I did anyways.

-->2011 Chevy Silverado LML 3500 Dually CC/LB 4x4 LTZ - B&W, Line-X, Retrax - SOLD

-->2008 Chevy Silverado LMM 3500 Dually CC/LB 4X4 LT - Edge Evo Race, MBRP Exhaust, HIDs - SOLD

-->2005 Pace 48' Race Trailer w/ Living Quarters

-->1967 Chevy II - Race car - 9.90 @ 135 mph
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
wingnut96
Diesel Fanatic

Idaho Turbo Diesels Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Doesn't look like Chevy online build prices until July. Don't remember the name of the person I chatted with on the Chevy site but they indicated early July. I told the person that they need to let Chevy know that people are buying Fords and they are losing market share. They need to get with the program.

A dealer in my local area tried to down play the upgrades. "The trucks will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. Their are a few changes in the 2011 models for example better emission standards and increased towing capacity. I don't have a price or the incentives for the 2011 models , when I get them I will let you know". Amazing that he hasn't replied since then as I clued him up on many of the features the new 2011 trucks have. I'm sure he knew all of that, just making his bid to sell me a 2010. Maybe he didn't like it when I told him not intereseted and I know he has to blow out the 2010's but thanks for asking.
2005 SILVERADO 3500 DRW CC|LT1|4X4| Full Banks: CAI, Super Scoop, 4" exh downpipe on back, 6 Gun, iQ, speed brake,Technicooler. Stock trans for now. Stored w/ 28,000 +- miles. Proud member #622 of The 3500 Dually Club
1995 37' Holiday Rambler 5th wheel.
2006 Featherlite 48' gooseneck
2006 GTO LS2 6 spd, Phantom Black
Old 06-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Joeairforce
Off we go!.......

Moved to New Vehicle Information

2012 Suburban LTZ 4x4

Air force Veteran (7 years 6/01-5/08)

Help The Staff!
See an inappropriate post, or spam? Please report it by clicking on the button!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bavanew
Diesel Fanatic

Price difference?

Why would there be a price difference between Chevy and GMC? (Not inc..the Denali)

They're the exact same truck and have the same options, except for minor cosmetic differences...

Just curious......
Old 07-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Buss
Self Ignition

Depends on the Dealer. In my case the GMC Dealer's price was much better in 05 when I bought mine. Shop Around
45 Gal. Fuel Tank/Tool Box in Bed
SOLD 34 Ft. Montana 5th Wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in