2010? - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

that was like 12 years ago when the factory Z-71's came with bilsteins.

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
1stgear
Diesel Apprentice

After reading this, I'm really glad I got my '08!

35/12.5 17 Toyo MTs on '08 H2s
EGR blocked
PVC reroute
Resonator plugged
PPE Race with MBRP turbo-back
Old 06-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
big block 88
Diesel Head

Kansas Chapter DP Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner436 View Post
I thought that all Z-71's have bilseins from the factory.

Last I checked 800's came with Bilstiens from the factory.

As for the stabilitrac EFI can eliminate it all together
-"Bruiser" 88 chevy C3500 RC/LB 454 SM465 alot of damn miles soon to be a Chummins conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
mpdlt
Diesel Apprentice

Urea?

Is that from all of "O's" pi$$ing and moaning about the environment?

I think I'll just go buy me a gasser, kill the cat, and blow fumes up the prez's a$$!

D
A(ACLU) member #21...."a thousand dead lawyers would be a good start"

04, Gulfstream 5th wheel
Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big block 88 View Post
Last I checked 800's came with Bilstiens from the factory.
Im almost positive they were just "gas charged", not actual bilsteins?? I could very well be wrong tho.

Quote:
As for the stabilitrac EFI can eliminate it all together
No, efilive can not do that unfortunately. Just curious where did you read that it can do that?

ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive

Last edited by DURAtotheMAX; 06-10-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Coolbreeze
Diesel Champ

I'm a torsion bar guy myself. Coils eventually sag and face it torsions are more costly to build and I can count on one hand how many I ever saw broken. I broke one on my '70 Challenger in the early '80s since I jumped a snow bank with 10" of snow still on the car---snap . Leaves you a good bar though!

Around here in NJ you can't find a GMC or Chevy DMAX on any lot. Not an '08 or '09 nor anything. Guess they sent them to "truck areas".

'06 LBZ Silverado 2500HD, CC/SB, LT2 SOLD
Never left me walking!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
silveradoman4
Diesel Head

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
I'm a torsion bar guy myself. Coils eventually sag and face it torsions are more costly to build and I can count on one hand how many I ever saw broken. I broke one on my '70 Challenger in the early '80s since I jumped a snow bank with 10" of snow still on the car---snap . Leaves you a good bar though!

Around here in NJ you can't find a GMC or Chevy DMAX on any lot. Not an '08 or '09 nor anything. Guess they sent them to "truck areas".
I live in a truck area and its hard to even find one around here, I don't think theres a whole lot out there
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
big block 88
Diesel Head

Kansas Chapter DP Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
Im almost positive they were just "gas charged", not actual bilsteins?? I could very well be wrong tho.

I could also be wrong?

No, efilive can not do that unfortunately. Just curious where did you read that it can do that?

ben

unhook your steering wheel position sensor and your yaw sensor. You will get a CEL on the cluster but you can kill them with the EFI. I could also be wrong on this. i know if you unhook the sensor it will disable it, but the CEL does come on. I am not possitive if you can kill the CEL with EFI but I am assueming you can.
-"Bruiser" 88 chevy C3500 RC/LB 454 SM465 alot of damn miles soon to be a Chummins conversion
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Carl Lassiter
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner436 View Post
I thought that all Z-71's have bilseins from the factory.
They should. They actually come with Tenneco shocks which are made in Mexico and utterly worthless. Well, 5100s are good value and fit well with the rest of the truck which is quality.

Mods: Bilstein 5100 NCTs, GM Upgraded Rear Cab Mounts, GM rear wheel well liners, Line-X over-the-rails, 2.5" Reese 14k ball hitch, GM NBS Cab Lights

Ordered above LMM Apr 14 '09, picked up and paid May 26.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

Quote:
unhook your steering wheel position sensor and your yaw sensor. You will get a CEL on the cluster but you can kill them with the EFI. I could also be wrong on this. i know if you unhook the sensor it will disable it, but the CEL does come on. I am not possitive if you can kill the CEL with EFI but I am assueming you can.
no you cant unfortunately.

And no, its not the check engine light that comes on. Its the brake and ABS lights. Stabilitrak has nothing to do with the ECM. Those lights are commanded on from the EBCM. Unless you 'hack' the EBCM or instrument cluster, the dinging and ABS/BRAKE lights and "SERVICE STABILITY SYS" in the DIC arent going to shut off.

Just make a simple relay/time delay circuit out of radio shack parts to actuate the "stabilitrak off" button on the instrument panel every time you turn the key on...its as easy as that...and you dont have any dinging, SERVICE STABILITY SYS messages, and your ABS wont be disabled.

ben

Last edited by DURAtotheMAX; 06-10-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in