2010? - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
richterscale
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Any interior changes for 2010 or 2011?

Vented or cooled leather seats and more storage areas may sway me toward a new gm.

LBZ Intake & Turbo mouthpiece
Ridge Runner Tuning
Tuff Country 4" lift
285/70/17 Duratracs
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
maxxflip
Diesel Fanatic

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Im sure they will have cooled leather since the 08's have a fuse for that

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by richterscale View Post
Any interior changes for 2010 or 2011?

Vented or cooled leather seats and more storage areas may sway me toward a new gm.
The 2009 tahoes, escalades, etc all have heated and cooled seats, so it wouldnt take much to add them to the silverados/sierras

ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
oberhemv
Clutch

We were on a road trip with our toy hauler, during the trip i got the go ahead to update the truck. I spoke with a dealer from gmc, he gave a lot of info, many co-workers have bought thier gmc's from this guy, he is very straight and not like a typical dealer.
early 2010: stock exhuast brake, will offer a short bed 1 ton, not much other changes.
Later 2010: after mandated emission standards, don't remember the date he gave, they will add the urea injection after the DPF, which will add money to the cost, around a couple thousand, urea tank should be big enough to follow oil change intervals.
He didn't say anything about 2011.

At work we drive fire engines that weigh 42000-50000 pounds, and the newer ones all have torsion bar front suspension. Even the 78000 lbs trucks have torsion bar. Just a side thought as to ? why they would change to springs to increase front capacity without changing to solid axle.

We(soon to be wife and i) visisted a chevy stealership today and test drove a 09 2500 LB, very nice, they wanted my 02 for trade and they wanted business bad, they won't be closing. I'm still driving the 02.

Still need to determine some things; color, 2500 vs 3500, gmc vs chev, long bed vs short.

Matt
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
silveradoman4
Diesel Head

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberhemv View Post
We were on a road trip with our toy hauler, during the trip i got the go ahead to update the truck. I spoke with a dealer from gmc, he gave a lot of info, many co-workers have bought thier gmc's from this guy, he is very straight and not like a typical dealer.
early 2010: stock exhuast brake, will offer a short bed 1 ton, not much other changes.
Later 2010: after mandated emission standards, don't remember the date he gave, they will add the urea injection after the DPF, which will add money to the cost, around a couple thousand, urea tank should be big enough to follow oil change intervals.
He didn't say anything about 2011.

At work we drive fire engines that weigh 42000-50000 pounds, and the newer ones all have torsion bar front suspension. Even the 78000 lbs trucks have torsion bar. Just a side thought as to ? why they would change to springs to increase front capacity without changing to solid axle.

We(soon to be wife and i) visisted a chevy stealership today and test drove a 09 2500 LB, very nice, they wanted my 02 for trade and they wanted business bad, they won't be closing. I'm still driving the 02.

Still need to determine some things; color, 2500 vs 3500, gmc vs chev, long bed vs short.

Matt
Good info......let me help you decide....White or Black, CC, Z71, Chevy, short box!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
blizzardplowman
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to blizzardplowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoman4 View Post
Good info! Where'd you get this from, I haven't heard anything about a 6000K front axle. Is this mean they are going to a straight axle??
Beefed IFS. The picture I saw looked coil spring and t-bar, might be a track bar though, hard to tell.

TOWING '13 Raptor 18K TRIPPLE AXLE TOYBOX 5VER & 24K GN FLAT TRAILER FOR BIGGER TOYS
BLIZZARD, SNOWEX AND HINIKER SNOW STUFF, GOTA PAY FOR THE TOYS ,12 D/A AND COUNTING
Member # 107 3500 Dually Club
Click HERE for help searching

Click HERE to send me a PM about how pissed off you are.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lead Foot
Diesel Apprentice

I've been looking for a Left over 08 but choices are getting Slim!

I was wondering What the deal was with the "tabili track"on the 09's,i thought i read somewhere that you guys were saying to try and find an 08 because of this Stability Track thingy Not being good on Lifted trucks??? I have been looking for info on it but can't find Squat!

Yes Urea is another reason to go with the 09 or last year to NOT have Urea injection ,Just one more thing to worry about :~(

What do you guys Know about the Stabili Track ? How Can you get around it ?

Sorry not trying to get off topic,This info would have a Lot to do with making the correct choice for you!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Socalpike

Lead Foot -
Yeah I'm looking for the same thing, however I haven't heard of any way around it at the moment. I guess at worse case you turn it off everytime you turn on your truck. Is it a PITA...maybe but only takes seconds. It is hard finding an '08 in the exact configuation I want.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lead Foot
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
It is hard finding an '08 in the exact configuation I want.
Same Here!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ridgerunner436
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter View Post
The current archaic front torsion bar set-up rated for 5k is fine by me. My new GMC rides far nicer than my 1/2 Tundra (both with Bilsteins) with coil springs did, and the weight capabilities of that pickup were fitting for something called a Toy.

Now the stock shocks are a disgrace- Bilsteins should be from the factory.
I thought that all Z-71's have bilseins from the factory.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in