Getting a good deal on a new truck. - Page 7 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
jim87vette
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Been reading this for a while and its a great source of information thank you goes to all . Question I didnt see or maybe missed - would this work on a vehicle you want to order from the factory ?

Dually Club Member # 617
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Whaler22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim87vette View Post
Been reading this for a while and its a great source of information thank you goes to all . Question I didnt see or maybe missed - would this work on a vehicle you want to order from the factory ?
Yes. From the dealer's perspective a special order is a great deal, because they never have any of their own money tied up in the vehicle: it's delivered to the buyer as soon as it arrives on the lot.

There will always be times when the are VERY eager to sell you something that's been sitting on the lot for a few months, as those trucks start to become very expensive as the interest costs climb.

Last edited by Whaler22; 12-16-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
enahs
Diesel Champ

Whaler is right but it's worth noting that if you want to order something that is a bit unusual (say, a standard transmission), the dealer may well want an unusually large down-payment for fear of being stuck with it later. On the other hand, as Whaler notes, a dealer finds an order attractive since he does not have to finance the vehicle while it is sitting on the lot. In my view, doing an order without a trade in is the best way to get the best deal. There are instances, however, when a particular dealer can't get an "allocation" from the factory for what you want he wants to sell it to you but can't get it from manufacturer. Those who sell more vehicles get the biggest dibs.
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
jim87vette
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by enahs View Post
Whaler is right but it's worth noting that if you want to order something that is a bit unusual (say, a standard transmission), the dealer may well want an unusually large down-payment for fear of being stuck with it later. On the other hand, as Whaler notes, a dealer finds an order attractive since he does not have to finance the vehicle while it is sitting on the lot. In my view, doing an order without a trade in is the best way to get the best deal. There are instances, however, when a particular dealer can't get an "allocation" from the factory for what you want he wants to sell it to you but can't get it from manufacturer. Those who sell more vehicles get the biggest dibs.
Well I did a build your own Crew Cab Dually Long bd 4x4 , the MSRP comes out to $56,312 . The GMS price which I was reading about on another thread will give me the truck at $48,810 plus any incentives . At this time it shows $2,500 so around $46,066.95 out the door .Does this look good ?? I still need to fine tune a bit and is the GMS price rock bottom or do you think I can do better on my own . I want to pay cash as well but I think it was mentioned not to tell them that until the deal is on paper . Thanks all for help I plan on keeping this truck many years , most of my trucks I keep around for 11-14 yrs so it better last .
Dually Club Member # 617
Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #65 (permalink)
enahs
Diesel Champ

My calculation puts your invoice at about $50,100. Subtract your rebates and that puts it at $47,617. I don't know about the GMS price does that let you subtract incentives? How you pay makes no difference to the dealer as far as I know (except when the dealer gets a kick back for arranging financing with a particular lender). Just don't let them know if you have money on a GM card until the deal is closed and you are ready to pay. Too, if there is 0% financing, do the calculation to see whether the rebate or the financing is better. Sometimes you can take the 0% and invest your cash in a money market account or better and come out ahead. Just use an on-line interest calculator to put in your cash amount and then the money market interest rate. That will tell you in the interest paid how much your investment will make in that time. If you can get 3% for 60 months, you will come out ahead investing your cash.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #66 (permalink)
kovalchick357

I Will Make It Easy For All Of You- If You Are Shopping For A New Truck, Just Email Me At [email protected] With Your Zip Code And The Vin Of The Truck You Are Looking To Buy- Ill Get You The Invoice And Any Incentives On It And Ill Tell You What Your Truck Is Really Worth Wholesale

Take Care
Chris
Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
hookdOnDmax
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim87vette View Post
B . . . would this work on a vehicle you want to order from the factory ?
With due respect to Whaler's experience, it works only partially on a factory order.

If you strike a deal with a larger dealer who has coupons available, they won't work on a factory order. I'm not positive that they're prohibited, but the dealers generally reserve coupons to move existing inventory. Without coupons, my truck would have been $2,000 more costly as a factory order.
Full swap to Amsoil Syn fluids, EaO filtration, Allison deep pan plus TransGo Jr. shiftkit.

Somebody might help with your research, but nobody can READ for ya!

NBS Tire Garage / Installing Wheelhouse Liners / My Garage
Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #68 (permalink)
Slowrider5
Low Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post

Also,I went to a dealer and saw a truck I was interested in.I called the dealer and spoke to a salesman.I asked him for the MSRP on the truck.He said he couldn't give it to me.I do not know if he meant that he did not have the information in front of him,or what. My question is,does the dealer have to give me the MSRP if I request it?
That meant he wanted you to come in and talk to him so he could play the game with you. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no reason why he couldn't have given you the figure over the phone, but he's not obligated to.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
Slowrider5
Low Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubh View Post
But is that supplier price below true invoice? You can build a truck on the supplier website and get the supplier price. Guess I should build one beside it on edmunds and compare. I've got like 20 windows open from this website and one of them was a thread on this. Hope to find out more there.
Supplier price is not always below invoice. On my GMT-800 supplier price was higher than invoice (substantially). You're probably better off just following the method here to get a truck at or near invoice.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #70 (permalink)
huthuthut
Reset by Diesel Dually

Whaler.... I appreciate your comments! It helped me get 9500 off MSRP on a new vehicle... $200 UNDER invoice! And $2000 over blue book on my trade in. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread