07 2500 HDs available sooner than expected??? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > New Vehicle Information
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

New Vehicle Information Discuss upcoming changes, rebates & offers, and the new vehicle ordering process.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
GMCJOE
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

07 2500 HDs available sooner than expected???

Just recieved a phone call on the new 2007 HD Trucks from one of my local GMC dealerships by the Fleet manager and directer...

We have been talking back and forth through out the previous months. They informed me just now that they have 4 new GMT900 3/4 trucks on order and just about built. He said he expects to see the trucks within the next 2-3 weeks. I was like Wow . I was suprised to hear they would be at the dealerships this soon. He said that not many are being built, but the 3/4 tons will very slowly trickle in.

I had asked him if any of them will have the Duramax LMM in them. He told me that he would have to check but he might know by tomorrow morning. So far the guys at that dealership have been pretty helpful and knowledgeable compared to other local GMC dealers near me here in Southern California.

If nothing else, im guessing they will not have the New LMM Duramax diesels yet, but maybe only the gas motor in these 3/4 ton HDs. I remember the new 1500 trucks also trickled in very slowly much sooner than were expceted, so who knows, this may actually be true.

That would be awesome if they got at least one Duramax LMM in out of the 4 they are expecting! Then, I would definately be one of the first guys to race down there in one of my 500 Horsepowered chevelles and test drive the new 07 Duramaxs immediately...

Wheather or not the trucks will actually be here that soon, who knows... but I will update you guys as I hear more on this breaking news.

Cognito 2"-3" UCA Lift from and Bilstein 5100 silver shocks from Nick @ NorCal Truck. PVC Re-Route. Mag-Hytec Diff Cover. 6000k HID's. Limo Tint all the way around. AMP Power steps and LED step lights. Amsoil. Transynd. Customized Escalade Handles. Blacked out GMC Grill Badge.

More than just great music, a new life: www.klove.com
"Believe in something, or Fall for anything."
Join the fastest growing Camaro forum on the web:
http://www.CAMARONATION.COM
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jasondt2001
Diesel Mythbuster

That's awesome man! I hope he keeps in touch with you - Have you asked about pricing?

BAD AMERICAN #1
MEMBER #421 OF THE DUALLY CLUB!

Traded but not forgotten:
2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab S/B 1500 Non HD Z-71 With the 5.3 V8 Non Aluminum Stock (Darn good truck)
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
GMCJOE
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasondt2001;1525908;
That's awesome man! I hope he keeps in touch with you - Have you asked about pricing?

No, I havn't asked him about their pricing yet. I will definately ask him next time I speak to him.

Although, If you go here to edmunds.com they actually have all the pricing with available options:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/gmc/...on=1&x=83&y=22

How accurate edmunds is on pricing, im not 100% sure,... but it at least gives a rough idea of what the options like the DUramax LMM option and Allison costs. Plus, it shows prices of other options like Touch screen navigation and options such.

The photo they have at edmunds.com of the new 2500 HD is actually a blueish 1500 model, but if you look at the specs and options, you can see the LMM Duramax and Allison clearly listed there and it is for a 2500 HD GMC model.
Cognito 2"-3" UCA Lift from and Bilstein 5100 silver shocks from Nick @ NorCal Truck. PVC Re-Route. Mag-Hytec Diff Cover. 6000k HID's. Limo Tint all the way around. AMP Power steps and LED step lights. Amsoil. Transynd. Customized Escalade Handles. Blacked out GMC Grill Badge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Quick Storm
Diesel Apprentice

Nor-Cal Diesel Place Club Member

when does the 6-speed become permanately available for all models?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
84jeepjohn
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Storm;1527251;
for the HD's it will be the only trans from the get go.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Quick Storm
Diesel Apprentice

Nor-Cal Diesel Place Club Member

i know that, but right now the 1500's are only available in 4spd auto. when do the get 6spds?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
GMCJOE
Diesel Champ

The GMC fleet manager and director called me a little bit earlier today like he told me he would. Today he asked me more about the exact truck I want with colors and options and everything. He updated my information with the options im going with so he will be able to locate a truck thats closer to what Im looking for.

When I asked him if all the new 07 HD's he is getting are gassers and if he was getting any diesels, he told me that a few of them should in fact actually have the new Duramax LMM.

I was really excited to hear that news of the 07 HD Diesel trucks.

He told me that he will call me again in the next few days As soon as he has any new information, and let me know any new updates as he hears them.

Check back, because I will definately keep you guys updated.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
chaseum
Diesel Boss

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

We have spent the last 5 days at our dealership ordering 2500's. The first few of them were diesels. I would assume they take 6-7weeks like everything else for us to get the first few in.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
jmbfin
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Storm;1527251;
I read on another forum that the 6-speed for the 6.0 gasoline engine is not an Allison but a new GM transmission.
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC/SB 4x4, SLT, Duramax LBZ, 6 Speed Allison Automatic, Cab Marker Lights, Camper Mirrors, Chrome Side Steps, Bed Mat, Bed Rug, Bilsteins, Duraflaps, Homelink, Line of Fire, Onstar, Retrax Tonneau, Towing Pkg, XM,
Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
OCDUNE
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbfin;1536131;
I read on another forum that the 6-speed for the 6.0 gasoline engine is not an Allison but a new GM transmission.
Correct, 6L80 and 6L90, this is the 6 speed version of the 4 speed that has been in the the gassers for years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread