Diesel Place banner

Recall N182179090 Fuel Injector Calibration Update - Exp. W/Base Warranty

L5P: 
17K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  averey0 
#1 ·
Has anyone had the dealer call you to get this recall on your 2018 GMC Duramax completed. I remember on my 2007.5 GM did a recall on the computer and after taking it in my fuel mileage was bad and the truck did not have the same power so I do not want the same thing on this one. Please let me know what you guys think of this recall.

Recall N182179090 FuelInjector Calibration Update - Exp. W/Base Warranty
Certain 2018 modelyear Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD vehicles may have one or multipleDTCs that are incorrectly illuminating the service engine soon (SES) light.Hardware including fuel injectors and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valvesmay have been used to fix this issue, however, the condition could return afterthese repairs were made. There is no effect for vehicle performance.

Of course, all recalls will be done at no charge to you, as they are coveredunder your manufacturer’s warranty.

#2 ·
Thread relocated to "Warranty Issues, Service & Recalls".

#5 ·
Mine was done yesterday. Not 100% sure, but the engine seemed to "brake" a little more. With all the ice and now snow in the area have not been able to feel any different if I get on it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
2/18

Talked to my service advisor about this today. From the info he had... Didn't change much other than fixing some false positive error messages with the ECM, injectors, and EGR system.

#11 ·
Did anyone else have this update/recall done that has the Edge Insight? I am no longer getting the distance since last regen. I suppose I should see if there is an update for the Edge.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Fuel Injector Calibration Recall N182179090

I had the N182179090 Fuel Injector Calibration Recall done last week on my 2018 L5P 3500. I had it in for the transmission cooling line replacement "fix" (they're not calling it a recall). See the post with pics under the transmission cooling line issue thread. I read somewhere that I can't seem to find now that the symptom for this injector calibration was a slight transmission bump on downshift while slowing down such as at a traffic light. I felt this on mine occasionally and thought it was a normal downshift (just under 6,000 miles on the truck). The truck runs great after the calibration and I have not felt the downshift bump again. Hope this helps.

#14 ·
Can’t tell much difference so far except for the fact that the engine is quieter now. It definitely does not have as deep of a lope sound at idle which I actually liked. Sounds more like a gas motor now. Anyone else experience this? But fuel mileage and everything else seems the same. I’ve heard from others that we should get more miles between regens after this ECM update but only time will tell. I was getting about 250-300 miles between each before this update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.