My Cognito UCA Install on video - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > The Information Place > Do It Yourself, Useful Articles, & Product Reviews
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Do It Yourself, Useful Articles, & Product Reviews Detailed articles containing procedures, steps, & images to aid the do-it-yourselfer plus product reviews.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
metroski
Diesel Student

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

My Cognito UCA Install on video

Just installed a set of cognito UCA's and Bilstein 5100's on my 06 Silverado 3500. Took some video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KjDmTZaHGQ

DU-HA behind rear seat storage organizer, Husky Floor Liners Front and back, DuraFlap rear guards, B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck, Black Rhino Liner, Wade in-channel visors, EGR Superguard Bug Shield Painted to Match by Armordeck, Precision Billet Bowtie, Precision 120 Mesh Billet Grill, Paint to match fender flares, Custom 44 Magnum Door Handles
Fingers LBZ Stick and Blocker Plate, MBRP 4' 409 SS Turbo back with 5" polished tip
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
varty yo
Diesel Kingpin

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

nice3 work

good work on the vid. now make one showing how to install the cognito
7-9" kit. hahahaha

5" MBRP turbo back
EFI from ATP Thanks Rob and Dustin
HID Projector retrofit, 6" rigid lights custom mounts
30" LED bar behind grill
Cognito 7-9" with all the goodies! Rare parts tie rods
BDS trac bars
37x13.50 toyo MT's
20x9 Fuel Octanes for summer
315/75/16 studded duratracs for winters
AMP steps
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE TECH
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH

Nice vid. There were a couple of things you skipped (for people who don't even know what the stock suspension looks like). And since you were doing the arms and shocks, I had figured you would be explaining the shock install as well but it never happened. Either way, great vid. It will definitely help people who have never worked on their truck before.

[CENTER]05 LLY - CC SB - Stock[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]BIG THANKS TO NELSON DIESEL PERFORMANCE & NDPspeed!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
metroski
Diesel Student

Its tough to try an mix "getting the job done" and making it purely educational. Believe it or not one of the major factors in limiting some of the footage was the fact that I had to keep changing gloves every time I handled the camera. There's a lot of "goop" in the suspension and I was trying to keep my camera "goop" free. I killed a lot of time this way and swapping out SD cards as I'm doing this on a digital camera not a traditional camcorder. So much for having the right tools, eh.

There are ample shots of the stock suspension, at least I thought. As far as installing the shocks go its literally two nuts so I didn't think there was a lot of value there. In addition, compressing those 5100's from the ground, with one hand, while manipulating the insertion of the bolt was a feat wraught with explitives. My editing capabilities are somewhat limited ;>
... although i'm sure there was some potential "entertainment" there

If I had a second person it would have been a lot easier to be more comprehensive. Maybe next time I can get my girlfriend to run the camera for me...
DU-HA behind rear seat storage organizer, Husky Floor Liners Front and back, DuraFlap rear guards, B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck, Black Rhino Liner, Wade in-channel visors, EGR Superguard Bug Shield Painted to Match by Armordeck, Precision Billet Bowtie, Precision 120 Mesh Billet Grill, Paint to match fender flares, Custom 44 Magnum Door Handles
Fingers LBZ Stick and Blocker Plate, MBRP 4' 409 SS Turbo back with 5" polished tip
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
THE TECH
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroski View Post
Its tough to try an mix "getting the job done" and making it purely educational. Believe it or not one of the major factors in limiting some of the footage was the fact that I had to keep changing gloves every time I handled the camera. There's a lot of "goop" in the suspension and I was trying to keep my camera "goop" free. I killed a lot of time this way and swapping out SD cards as I'm doing this on a digital camera not a traditional camcorder. So much for having the right tools, eh.

There are ample shots of the stock suspension, at least I thought. As far as installing the shocks go its literally two nuts so I didn't think there was a lot of value there. In addition, compressing those 5100's from the ground, with one hand, while manipulating the insertion of the bolt was a feat wraught with explitives. My editing capabilities are somewhat limited ;>
... although i'm sure there was some potential "entertainment" there

If I had a second person it would have been a lot easier to be more comprehensive. Maybe next time I can get my girlfriend to run the camera for me...
All good man. It was great that you took the time to do it at all.

[CENTER]05 LLY - CC SB - Stock[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]BIG THANKS TO NELSON DIESEL PERFORMANCE & NDPspeed!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nick.V70
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Thats great.. good job.

Nor-Cal Nick
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
duramax_33
Clutch

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Nice video I saw you are from Hunterdon County. I'm from Flemington/Ringoes, where about are you cause you look real fermilure.

Last edited by duramax_33; 03-24-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
metroski
Diesel Student

I'm in pittstown, bout 3 miles south of exit 15 off 78

If your a deer hunter its possible you could see me at person's butcher on 31. I'm there all the time during the season
Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
duramax_33
Clutch

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I'm there a couple times a year and I do belive that it is where I have seen you, but I thought I say you in Sportsmans Rondevez down the road. Do you work there or just have alot of deer butchered there?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
metroski
Diesel Student

I just shoot a lot of does. I participate in a lot of management hunts which means a lot of doe culling.

I've been in sportsmans a few times but I actually have a side business selling archery gear so I can get most of what I need through my own channels.

I'm a bit of a bowhunting lunatic... At least thats what my ex-wife says

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in