Diesel Place banner

PMD Harness Part Numbers

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  EppNation 
#1 ·
I am looking for a delphi part number on the gray 4 way connector on the FSD harness. I am trying to get all the parts together so when I pull my intake I can fix my hap-hazardly rigged junk. PO hacked twisted and taped an extension in. Causing a decent amount of issues and I would like to make my own. Why you ask? Well I will tell you why. I hate extra connectors. Having one extra coupler in the middle changes things. One more point for resistance. One more point for corrosion. Begone with all these issues and have a factory style extended harness custom built to my truck.

Basically I know the FSD delphi 6 way connector number is 12066317.
Ground lug and Fuel Solenoid terminals are straight forward. PS. Im using an internal star lock grounding terminal for the ground connection and copper alloy terminals for the Fuel Solenoid.

Just cant seem to find a part number on the gray connector for the life of me. Anyone have one they can get a p/n from or are just so awesome they have the number handy already?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS for those who want to build an extension harness all you need is 1 of the delphi 12066317 connectors, 1 of 12059226 blue seals, 1 of 12052929 green multiwire seal, and 6 of a 12191056 gold plated terminal (better signal quality), and that covers the fsd plug side. Then on the male side you need a Caster Electronics 410015 connector plus 6 Casper Electronics 504008(might as well order theirs since you will be ordering the connector from them anyway. All that is just a reference. Do with it what you please.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: grabowski
#3 ·
94, are you wanting to build your harness without the under the intake PMD connector and run wires directly to the PMD?

#4 ·
Maybe I should have elaborated.

I am junking the existing harness when I pull it out. The new harness will ground to the IP like it should and also connect to the Fuel Solenoid like it should but other than that I will be routing the rest about 2.5ft longer than the factory harness. Hence the reason I dont want to install a factory one and then have 4 extra feet left over from an extension harness and the extra connector in the middle to offset the resistance if it were to get compromised with moisture. So I am building a completely new harness and want to have it ready to go since this is my DD and I cant just slap it back together to go find the proper connector.

But yes its on my 94 and I can completely understand where you were coming from with the factory harness. Just doesnt quite work for my application.

#5 ·
Probably something like this.

I actually made a PMD extension 25' long and used it for months just to make sure there were no problems with the length, and there were no problems.

Wire Cable Electronic device Technology Electronics accessory

This is what I use on my rigs. Gets the engine harness out of the oven.

Wire Cable Technology Electronic device Electrical wiring

#8 ·
I'm not against making my own. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. I am working on finding all underhood connections as my underhood harness is basically shot. So many broken retaining clips or bare wire at the connectors. But this pmd harness is giving me a fit currently so it's top on my list. Have I mentioned this truck came from someone's field with the motor in the bed? Sat next to a barn for 2 years till I came along. It's a long process bringing it back to tip top shape.

If he produces these harness and doesn't want to share the pns for the connectors then I completely understand. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.

#9 ·
#10 ·
These are the correct part numbers for the IP/PMD harness.

4 pin gray 150 conn - 12186271
150 male terms for 18ga GXL wire - 12045773
6 pin 150.2 conn PMD w/seals - 12162260
gold female terms for 18ga GXL wire PMD - 12176860
seals for 4 pin conn - 15324976
lock for 4 pin conn - 12047948
ground term - 02977971
The 2 ring terms for the fuel sol. must be custom stamped by the co. making the harness, I'm still searching.
They are 1mm thick x 3mm hole nickel plated steel. Way overkill for the size wire they use.
Better save the rubber boot, cannot get that either, yet.
Some light green, red, black, and pink/black, (pink will do) GXL 18ga. wire.
Some .250 and .350 hi-temp (gray stripe) wire loom, some heat shrink, solder, and electrical tape.
Now you can build that harness.

#12 ·
At this point I have a soldered in extension using 18ga wire (matching wire for wire awg at solder point) It was actually an extension that came with an original Heath relocate kit, which had female connectors on both ends. Guess there was no maker of the male counterpart back in those days. I had it working in the past with cut up segments of a paperclip (instructions from Bill himself) which albeit, worked, but made me weary. I jumped on the discovery of an extension harness with correct countering end connectors on ebay several years ago now, but alas has killed my Heath PMD of unknown age and origin that I was able to get another 5+ years 80k miles out of. Its last 2 years or so being on the cheap extension.

This thread, where I was linked here, between the two have inspired me to upgrade/update my own.

I have found some reasonably priced 16awg GXL wire, and thanks to Gladulator, all the connectors and terminals just a few clicks away. I have seen the high heat (shiny nickel plating) eyelets at my local Ace Hardware, and I picked up a box of internal toothed eyelets at Napa when I came across them in catalog looking for something else. They come insulated, red and blue (awg color appropriate, sorry, no p/n; its not in their system or on their website, it's only in catalog). Im sure Napa can get me the high heat eyelets for back of IP too, but a trip to Ace, where I know where they are, and able to buy immediately will always win over flipping through a Napa catalog in store, followed by having to pay extra for shipping, and having to wait and wait, never to be called, then when I call, they either just saw them, like that morning, but now they are gone, forever, or can never find order in their system...repeat :shake:
Ok enough ranting.

I just want to ensure I'm interpreting the consensus correctly on the 16 awg detail in making the entire assembly with it (assembly in photo in original post of this thread) while of course, extending the connector to remote mount PMD as needed.

Yay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.