[Q] Reg Cab 2020 L5P order advice - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Seventh Generation: 2020+ (L5P)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Seventh Generation: 2020+ (L5P) Discuss the seventh generation of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2020, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

There are still lots of reg cab trucks built to go to work.

They may not get the high visibility spots on the front of the lot cuz driving buy and liking how one looks isn't the usual motivation for what is more often a business / commercial purchase. Same business/commercial reason they no longer make them the top trims.

I'd expect down payment request only if the options you want are unusual for a reg cab truck.

After you decide/verify what you want if they don't have one, the first thing they will do is search and see if they can trade for one. Failing that -- factory order.

Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 10:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
whippled 496
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
There are still lots of reg cab trucks built to go to work.

They may not get the high visibility spots on the front of the lot cuz driving buy and liking how one looks isn't the usual motivation for what is more often a business / commercial purchase. Same business/commercial reason they no longer make them the top trims.

I'd expect down payment request only if the options you want are unusual for a reg cab truck.

After you decide/verify what you want if they don't have one, the first thing they will do is search and see if they can trade for one. Failing that -- factory order.
Went through all that already, not a single one to be found anywhere and that was coming from Laura's GMC. He said I would have to factory order and would need $2k down with arrival date between 10 - 12 weeks.

What really bugs me is that you can not get a Reg Cab with a sliding rear window. I need that option due to the cap having one, dogs in the back, camping, etc. My current 2014 was the same way, I had to go after market and I am not a fan vs. the GM sliders. Just bugs me that a $50k truck can't come with a slider.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2020, 07:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippled 496 View Post
Is there a deposit required when you factory order? How much is this generally?
I have never had to pay a deposit. I’ve also didn’t take possession on a couple of them and went a different route.

Last edited by Rvn4me; 02-01-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
whippled 496
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvn4me View Post
I have never had to pay a deposit. Iíve also didnít take possession on a couple of them and went a different route.
I know I shouldn't let it bother me this much but this window thing has me kind of mad. I am actually gonna sit down and order this truck top to bottom and I cant get a sliding rear window? In a truck? WTH? I know they will be available after market soon, but I just want this thing turn-key upon delivery and don't feel like having to do extra stuff again. No problem in a Ford though...
Old 02-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bartman432
Diesel Expert

Whippled 496, you will love the new truck. I love all the new features
Old 02-03-2020, 08:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
I cant get a sliding rear window? In a truck? WTH?
The Sierra you can’t get the rear Sliding window But If you stepped up to Sierra SLE it’s available.
Sierra 4WD Regular Cab, Long Bed $53,310 Sierra SLE 4WD Regular Cab, Long Bed 55,485

But you will need to order this option.
Preferred Package $785
Universal Home Remote
Rear sliding power window
120-volt power outlet
120-volt box-mounted power outlet
8" diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System
SiriusXM with 360L1
HD Rear Vision Camera2
USB Ports (Instrument Panel with bench seat)3
HD Radio
Hitch Guidance with Hitch View2
In-vehicle Trailering App
May require additional optional equipment

So to get your sliding rear window for your Regular Cab, Long Bed it will cost Package + option $2960
At least for me it was $8000 for something I wanted when I ordered the last one.

Last edited by Rvn4me; 02-03-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvn4me View Post
The Sierra you can’t get the rear Sliding window But If you stepped up to Sierra SLE it’s available.
Sierra 4WD Regular Cab, Long Bed $53,310 Sierra SLE 4WD Regular Cab, Long Bed 55,485

But you will need to order this option.
Preferred Package $785
Universal Home Remote
Rear sliding power window
120-volt power outlet
120-volt box-mounted power outlet
8" diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System
SiriusXM with 360L1
HD Rear Vision Camera2
USB Ports (Instrument Panel with bench seat)3
HD Radio
Hitch Guidance with Hitch View2
In-vehicle Trailering App
May require additional optional equipment

So to get your sliding rear window for your Regular Cab, Long Bed it will cost Package + option $2960
At least for me it was $8000 for something I wanted when I ordered the last one.

If I'm reading it right, there is a 'gotcha' in the order guide:

Looks like only crew and double cab get the A48 sliding window and UG1 universal remote

A48 Window, power, rear sliding with rear defogger
N/A on base sierra
On SLE - Included and only available with (PDQ) Preferred Package.

PDQ Preferred Package, includes (KI4) 120-volt power outlet, (KC9) 120-volt bed-mounted power outlet, (IOS) 8" diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System, (U2K) SiriusXM with 360L, (UVB) HD Rear Vision Camera, (MCR) USB Ports, (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App and (U2L) HD Radio; Crew Cab and Double Cab models also include (UG1) Universal Home Remote and (A48) rear sliding power window
ON SLE - Requires (PCQ) SLE Convenience Package or (PDU) SLE Value Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete. Crew Cab models include (R7O) Cloth Rear Seat Storage Package.

The PCQ package required by PDQ. adds a bunch more stuff:

PCQ SLE Convenience Package, includes (CJ2) dual climate control, (A2X) 10-way power driver seat including power lumbar, (KA1) heated driver and passenger seats, (KI3) heated steering wheel, (N37) manual tilt/telescoping steering column, (C49) rear-window defogger, (ATH) Keyless Open and Start, (N06) Steering column lock, (BTV) Remote Start, (UTJ) content theft alarm, (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench with underseat storage on Crew Cab and Double Cab models, (USS) 2 charge-only USB ports for second row, (QT5) EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate, (UF2) cargo bed LED lighting, (KPA) rear auxiliary 12-volt power outlet, (T3U) fog lights, (U01) Roof Marker Lamps and (B1J) rear wheelhouse liners

Might have to change from a reg cab to a double cab. A little harder to park, but comes with some 'inside storage', away from whatever is under the bed cap.
With the HD's the double cab is available with the 8' box.
(In 1500 series, all double cabs have the 'standard' 6' something box)

Last edited by redwngr; 02-03-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
whippled 496
Diesel Apprentice

Yup, went round and round with Kerry at Laura's the other day over this exact situation. He said when he was putting the build through the order process anytime he selected RPO A48, it made him switch to a double or crew cab. He did not mention it effecting the Homelink option too, I will have to ask about that. I cant change to a double or crew, I need the standard cab and long bed.

Aggravating that I cant get a sliding rear window in a pickup truck. No one has any info on aftermarket sliders for the 2020 trucks yet either. My only real option is to wait for aftermarket to come out. They are just never up to the same quality standards as OEM stuff.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Yup, went round and round with Kerry at Laura's the other day over this exact situation. He said when he was putting the build through the order process anytime he selected RPO A48, it made him switch to a double or crew cab. He did not mention it effecting the Homelink option too, I will have to ask about that. I cant change to a double or crew, I need the standard cab and long bed.

Aggravating that I cant get a sliding rear window in a pickup truck. No one has any info on aftermarket sliders for the 2020 trucks yet either. My only real option is to wait for aftermarket to come out. They are just never up to the same quality standards as OEM stuff.
Why doesn't a double cab long bed work?
Old 02-07-2020, 01:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
whippled 496
Diesel Apprentice

It wont fit in the garage for one, plus I am not a fan of the look of a double or crew cab with a long bed. The truck will not be a daily driver, it will be a vacation vehicle for the most part, just like my current truck. I need the long bed for the dogs, they need the room back there and I need the the slider for the same reason. The cap will obviously have a slider as well.

I even pressed Kerry at Laura's to see if they had a local shop that could install the slider as sort of a dealer option when the truck came in. He actually made a few calls but could not find a shop who carried the 2020 sliders yet. I was impressed he did that for me. I tried a few around here and got the same response. My local dealer has yet to even try to get back in touch with me even after reaching out to them twice. If nothing else, Laura's (or at least Kerry who works there) has been a pleasure to deal with.

I have my truck for sale on Ebay, locally, and here at the forum market place, so it's just a waiting game to see how that goes. Kerry told me the cut off for HD truck orders was 4/24 so I have a little time left.

Last edited by whippled 496; 02-07-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in