Diesel Place banner

2020 Chevy HD at DFW Auto Show

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MaxRock 
#1 ·
Found out Chevy is bringing a 2020 HD to the DFW Auto Show. I will definitely be there to go over this truck with a fine tooth comb. I still can't get over the grill in the pics, but in video it doesn't bother me as much. Hopefully in person the truck isn't as ugly, maybe the truck isn't photogenic??? We can only hope!

-Mark

#3 ·
My family and I attend the car show this weekend. Not only was a '20 Chevy LTZ there but also a '20 GMC Denali. Below are some of the pics we took.

The Chevy is A LOT better looking in person, the truck is not photogenic. I tried taking pics at a different angle than just straight on. The Chevy was locked, however, the GMC was unlocked, but there was a line to sit in it. When I got a chance to sit in the GMC I didn't take any pics, too busy looking at everything and didn't want to take too long, trying to be courteous of others.. The interior is 99% the same as the 1/2 tons with some minor changes due to the HD requirements. I will say the GMC tailgate is sharp, and drew a big crowd. I really like the step in the side of the bed. Made bed access really easy. My method of getting in the bed would be step on the nerf bar, step in the bed access step, then step on the tire and swing your leg over.

The mirrors are huge, especially compared to my '02. I changed the factory mirrors to the TTT, and they must be half the size of the '20 mirrors. The truck is tall in the front, the hood does not slope down much, nothing like my '02. The rear of the bed is about the same height as my '02, but my '02 is running on 35's with a 2" lift. I did have a 5er that was not a problem to get the proper 6+" of bed clearance and keep the 5er level, so I don't expect any issues with the '20s either.

The DEF fill is definitely in the same location as the fuel fill, so that is a plus.

A couple of things I still want to see; I want to see what a long bed version of these trucks look like and I want to see a GMC SLT.

I am still on the fence about which truck I will purchase in the fall. The GMC is available in the metallic black and I do not believe that is an option on the Chevy. The GMC tailgate is cool, but I'm not sure how much use I would have for it. I guess my deciding factor will be price.

-Mark

Attachments

#8 ·
dmax3500,

I agree with you 100%. When we stepped into the convention center, we were in the Chevy "booth". I stood on my tip toes surveying the area and then I spotted the '20 HD. I left my family gazing at the display and headed to the truck. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the truck looked in person than in photos. My wife was funny, she looked around and I was gone. She told my daughter and son-in-law she knew I was at the '20 HD, she just didn't know where the HD was located!

After spending a lot of time at the Chevy and GMC, I am still on the fence about which truck to get. The one thing I do not like is the new tilt wheel. I like the tilt in my '02 that has the tilt joint at the exit from the dash. The new truck tilt wheel tilts way under the dash, just doesn't feel right. The telescoping wheel helps, but just didn't feel as comfortable. I'm sure I'll get used to it...but that bugged me from the beginning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.