2020 Chevy 1k mile MPG - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Sixth Generation: 2017+ (L5P)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

Duramax Sixth Generation: 2017+ (L5P) Discuss the sixth generation (2017+) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dmax affair
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2020 Chevy 1k mile MPG

Enjoy!

Traded:2015 GMC Denali 3500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Summit white.

Traded:2012 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Graystone metallic.

Sold:2003 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD CC 4x4 D/A in Summit white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

All the dealers around our area have a few 2020ís in. It will be interesting for me to see how the reviews are for this truck for Iíll be ordering one after camping season is over. Our 2007 Classic with 136k has been a good truck but itís time for weíll be doing some long trips starting next year.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaxRock
Diesel Boss

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock

Lone Star Diesels Member

I'm planning on replacing my '02 with a '20, but i'm reading some about a possible '20i, intermediate release mid-year. I believe I read it in GM Authority when they were talking about the multi-pro tailgate being available on the '20i models. Now, I'd like to know when that will come out to see if I want to wait or not.

-Mark
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles (as of 5/19)

Member #1 of the "Brotherhood of Handshakers" Club

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRock View Post
I'm planning on replacing my '02 with a '20, but i'm reading some about a possible '20i, intermediate release mid-year. I believe I read it in GM Authority when they were talking about the multi-pro tailgate being available on the '20i models. Now, I'd like to know when that will come out to see if I want to wait or not.

-Mark
That website is suggesting that they will make the tailgate available on the chev. There have be some camoed 'spy' photos published the suggest they might add it.
Of course, until it's announced, we have no idea if the will release it -- even if it has passed testing.

It's available on the gmc HD's now.

They can, and do, make changes to the order guide (and what features and combinations can be ordered) at any time.

My guess is it will become available, but even if it does, it will be like the GMC -- standard on some trims, available on some trims, and not available on base trims.
Sierra's have an option code to replace it with a standard style tailgate if desired.

There are already 4 tailgate versions on the '20 silverado.
Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Old 07-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
enahs
Diesel Champ

Are the 2020 Crew cab DRW trucks being built yet? Cant get a straight answer from dealers.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
dmax3500
Diesel Ace

most of the trucks at dealers are crew 3/4 tons,and gmc's mostly,,dealer [[laura gmc] in s il.,has 3-5 on the ground and has 47 more on the way
Old 07-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax3500 View Post
most of the trucks at dealers are crew 3/4 tons,and gmc's mostly,,dealer [[laura gmc] in s il.,has 3-5 on the ground and has 47 more on the way
Our area the dealers only order 3500 SWR because there only $1200 more than the 2500HD and are the biggest sellers. One dealer has 7 2020 3500 SRW in.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
MaxRock
Diesel Boss

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock

Lone Star Diesels Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
That website is suggesting that they will make the tailgate available on the chev. There have be some camoed 'spy' photos published the suggest they might add it.
Of course, until it's announced, we have no idea if the will release it -- even if it has passed testing.

It's available on the gmc HD's now.

They can, and do, make changes to the order guide (and what features and combinations can be ordered) at any time.

My guess is it will become available, but even if it does, it will be like the GMC -- standard on some trims, available on some trims, and not available on base trims.
Sierra's have an option code to replace it with a standard style tailgate if desired.

There are already 4 tailgate versions on the '20 silverado.
Red,

I'm not so much interested in the multi-pro tailgate as I am in what other changes Chevy may make, if any, during the '20 MY. I probably will wait patiently until maybe late this year, early next to place my order.

-Mark
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles (as of 5/19)

Member #1 of the "Brotherhood of Handshakers" Club

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by enahs View Post
Are the 2020 Crew cab DRW trucks being built yet? Cant get a straight answer from dealers.
This page https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...46&daterange=4
says late availability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Old 07-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymccall View Post
Distribution updates, week 7/15/20,
says the 'late availability' note remove from front page -- but as of time of this post, its' still on the front page.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...25&daterange=4

Perhaps when the social media types at GM see this thread they will speak with whoever needs to finish the get it fixed...

Regardless, I'd guess drw production is 'imminent' or in ramp up stage.

Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE

Last edited by redwngr; 07-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in