l5p stumbles?? - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Sixth Generation: 2017+ (L5P)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Sixth Generation: 2017+ (L5P) Discuss the sixth generation (2017+) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Jaycocamprs
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Well back from dealer. They said the the issue was with the stabilitrac sytem. "Yaw rate sensor never set up at factory" How I've driven the truck 7700 miles with only 1 service message I'll never know. They also preformed recall N182179090, Fuel Injector Calibration Update. So we'll see what happens

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
SonnyAK
Block Heater

I had a Stabilitrac light pop up last week when on the interstate and drove over a deep edge rumble strip. Truck drove fine and the light went out after shutting the truck off, restarting and driving away.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
dslipp
Gear Grinder

mine stumbles.
didn't start until the day after my 2nd oil change. around 10.5k miles.
happens nearly every time i drive it now.
on cold start (not like winter cold.. just cool morning), if hold at about 30mph it'll stumble as long as i keep the throttle steady.

Also experienced a very hard downshift today, when rolling up to a red light. I can never tell what gear its in.. so... i dont know what gear.

going to the dealer soon.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
Dmetcalf
Heat Sink

I also experienced the same at 4400 miles

I experienced the same on mine a few days ago. I was rolling almost to a stop when the light turned green and I went to accelerate and it just didn't do anything for a few seconds then it started to accelerate. I was actually driving to the dealership for the software update I was informed about. I told them and they said they would take a look at that. I picked it up and they said the software update should have taken care of that. I guess I will see....
Firestone airbags
2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
2016 Can Am Spyder LTD

PROUD member of the 3500 Dually club #1161
Old 06-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
RDP
Freeze Plug

Still Stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
I experienced the same on mine a few days ago. I was rolling almost to a stop when the light turned green and I went to accelerate and it just didn't do anything for a few seconds then it started to accelerate. I was actually driving to the dealership for the software update I was informed about. I told them and they said they would take a look at that. I picked it up and they said the software update should have taken care of that. I guess I will see....
I got the software update at my last oil change in April. It still stumbles when accelerating hard before the engine/transmission is up to temp , but not as often. The service writer said GM was very aware of the stumble problem, said it was the transmission possibly protecting it's self from damage.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
yellow05gt
Gear Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
Mine does this same thing sometimes. Also has hard shifts some times. No clue why.

SOLD: 2009 2500HD LT 4X4 LMM-Bilstein 5100, Toyo Open Country A/T II 285/75-16
Old 06-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
yellow05gt
Gear Grinder

I wanted to post an update. I had a recall on the truck that I had completed a couple days ago, and part of the recall was the reflash of the TCM. As of right now, I have noticed a better engagemnt of the throttle when I am slowly stopping and starting again and no harsh shifts. The dealership told me it will get better when the TCM learns my driving style since it is a new reflash. I guess itme will tell.

SOLD: 2009 2500HD LT 4X4 LMM-Bilstein 5100, Toyo Open Country A/T II 285/75-16
Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Sederbd
Self Ignition

I called the local dealer ship trying to get the injector bulletin completed. They said they could not complete unless a CEL was present. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Past Truck:
'05 CCSB LLY
Old 06-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #39 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sederbd View Post
I called the local dealer ship trying to get the injector bulletin completed. They said they could not complete unless a CEL was present. Can anyone confirm this?

For GM to pay for warranty repairs the Dealer mechanic has to follow their protocols.
If there is no CEL there is no issue according to GM.
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #40 (permalink)
Sederbd
Self Ignition

Makes sense, From the amount of people Iíve seen online whoíve had it done though I didnít expect all of them had CELs present...

Past Truck:
'05 CCSB LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in