What injectors did GM use - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7) Discuss the first generation (2001-2004 LB7) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
jos3ywales
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to jos3ywales Send a message via Skype™ to jos3ywales

What injectors did GM use

When they replace the failing injectors in the LB7’s when they were under warranty. Was it Bosh. Just wondering. My LB7 has 98,000 k on it now and had the injectors replaced at 70,000k when it was still under warranty by GM and I was wondering what brand they used if it was GM brand or another company. I’ve had no issues with mine since they were replaced BTW.

2002 LS LB7 Black 4x4 Ext Cab Stock 2nd set of injectors at 80,000 miles, S&B FILTERS Cold Air Intake System (DRY FILTER), 2010 Tow Mirrors Goose Neck Hide Away Tinted Windows Duramax Decals Rhino Lined Bed Debadged Plasti Dipped Bumpers Full Length Westin Step Bars and New Michelin 10 ply 245/75/R16 AT LTX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
SpikeDmax
Diesel Apprentice

They use Bosch re-manufactured injectors . Flight Craft rebuilds them. Genuine Bosch rebuilds have a "502R" on the top.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaxRock
Diesel Boss

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock

Lone Star Diesels Member

jos3ywales

I hope you have the same luck with your replacement injectors that I am having with mine. The factory injectors were replaced by GM at 199k miles and the replacement set now have 236k miles on them and going strong!

-Mark
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles (as of 5/19)

Member #1 of the "Brotherhood of Handshakers" Club

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
jos3ywales
Diesel Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to jos3ywales Send a message via Skype™ to jos3ywales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRock View Post
jos3ywales

I hope you have the same luck with your replacement injectors that I am having with mine. The factory injectors were replaced by GM at 199k miles and the replacement set now have 236k miles on them and going strong!

-Mark
I hope so too. I don’t drive mine often it’s paid for but I wouldn’t sell it for the world.
2002 LS LB7 Black 4x4 Ext Cab Stock 2nd set of injectors at 80,000 miles, S&B FILTERS Cold Air Intake System (DRY FILTER), 2010 Tow Mirrors Goose Neck Hide Away Tinted Windows Duramax Decals Rhino Lined Bed Debadged Plasti Dipped Bumpers Full Length Westin Step Bars and New Michelin 10 ply 245/75/R16 AT LTX
Old 09-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Lead Moderator
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

GM replaced the injectors on my 02 at 120k, when I sold it two years ago, it had 270k on the clock with perfect balance rates. I did have some smoke issues when I was trying to run the truck on waste motor oil, but heavy doses of diesel clean brought the injectors back into spec.
2017 3500HD CCLB Black on Black LTZ Loaded L5P, Banks Derringer with I dash, Ranch Hand bumper with 18K superwinch talon, Curt 20k puck hitch, 60 gallon aluminum transfer tank with electric pump, Onan Quiet Diesel 5500 for extra weight in the bed, Cooper STT PRO 285/65R18 and Vision Manic wheels. 2nd set of tires and wheels, Cepek Trail Country EXP 285/65R18 on Ultra Predator II Black/Machined 18x9

2018 Solitude 310GK fifth wheel with a 12' Haulmark tag trailer to haul toys in.

1997 Jeep TJ, Currie 8.8 high pinion axles front and rear with ARB air lockers, 4.56, 5 on 5.5 with warn hub kit, Atlas II transfer case with Klune V doubler, 4 inch Currie Lift and 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels, Ramsey 9500 winch, hydraulic ram assist steering, on board welder and on board air, custom aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stryker100
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Camilleri View Post
GM replaced the injectors on my 02 at 120k, when I sold it two years ago, it had 270k on the clock with perfect balance rates. I did have some smoke issues when I was trying to run the truck on waste motor oil, but heavy doses of diesel clean brought the injectors back into spec.
I just spent 2300.00 on new injectors and 6000.00 on the job. Why the hell would you run crap through your injectors? I already had a 1.7 rate on a new bosch with maybe 400 miles on it. It does clean up and change daily. But why would you feed your rig crap?

And for the original question. Dealer in Montana uses rebuild bosch. Rebuilt what in what year is the question. They found out the problem in 04 or 07. So no telling what they put in. I know they did an update in 2016 on there new line of LB7 injectors. I paid 2400.00 for a set of them. Truck went from 12-13mpg to 20ish.

And I dont have a clue on how you all are getting GM to pay for this stuff. I seemed to drop the ball on every update. I bought mine in 2008 with 92k on it. It had number 7 changed. Yep, One changed. Its what the dealer service record said. It didnt smoke for the next 11 years and had pretty good rates. The head gasket went on the back of 7 and so the game was on.

Change them filters and run good fuel and a good additive.

And a side note, With the new injectors. The Truck dont even try and put any smoke out. I lost some boost with the pipes and intake and horn. But have seen 20 as of late and there is no smoke at all.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in