LB7 Throwing P1093 Fuel Rail Pressure Low during power enrichment - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7) Discuss the first generation (2001-2004 LB7) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
rickbat
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Wish i logged the RPM on the pic above. Since i'm thinking it should have had 5psi of boost with the throttle at 80%???? I see 15 which is 1psi of boost.

I leak checked the hot side of the turbo held at 10psi so going to say no leaks. I have seen the boost go as high as 32psi on the scanner so that would be 14 - 32 = 18psi which seems normal from what i understand on an LB7 stock turbo.

Running out of ideas besides replacing big money items that may not fix anything. Like injector set, 64mm Turbo, Tuner...

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Durabiopwr
Diesel Fanatic

You may need to find someone with a Tech II and do some deep diving. Wouldnt start replacing more stuff yet until more investigation.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
rickbat
Block Heater

I tried to read the stock ECM with HPTuners only to discover the ECM is not readable most likely tuner locked. Im waiting on a replacement ECM. Will go from there i guess.

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2019, 03:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
duramaxforlife
Freeze Plug

Are you reading the number off the map sensor cause 14psi at idle is the atmospheric pressure so 32-14 would give you 18psi.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
duramaxforlife
Freeze Plug

Have you tried replacing your fuel pressure relief valve. Sometimes it can open up early and you'll get low rail pressure
Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
rickbat
Block Heater

Yes i'm reading the map for boost numbers. I have replaced the relief valve.

I'm waiting on a replacement ECM. I tried reading the ECM with HPtuners and found it is tuner locked. So hard to say what crap was loading into the stock ECM.

Will post results her as i go waiting on UPC.............

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 09-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
duramaxforlife
Freeze Plug

I remember on my dads lb7 when he had issues with low rail pressure he went through everything you've done including changing the cp3, fuel pressure regulator, rebuilt the fuel filter housing, capped the relief valve, installed a lift pump, had the ecm reflashed and had the low rail pressure parameters extended and after all that it turned out to be the injectors. Dont but cheap injectors or you can look at doing the work all over again after 20k miles
Old 10-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
rickbat
Block Heater

New ECM installed HP Tuners up and running. Running out of ideas here truck is acting very strange.

--When you put the truck in gear it pushes very hard to start rolling in Drive or Rev.
--No codes are being generated.
--Trans was rebuilt by a local shop.
--Almost feels like truck is not using 1st gear ever. I logged with HP Tuners it is showing gear commanded etc all look correct, But sure feels like its not going to first gear. Seat of pants feels like it always starts out in second. Trying to figure out how to prove that besides put in 4 low and count shifts.
--Can log all sensors in HP Tuners but not sure what to look at all seem to be rading that i have tested.
--Once it get rolling out it goes like all hell.

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 10-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
rickbat
Block Heater

I think there is only 2 things left i can think of.

--Turbo not building boost soon enough to start commanding fueling.
--Some enomilly with the injectors which is just causing limp mode.

If i go after either will but quilty new parts.

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in