LB7 Throwing P1093 Fuel Rail Pressure Low during power enrichment - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax First Generation: 2001-2004 (LB7) Discuss the first generation (2001-2004 LB7) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Durabiopwr
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Monitor your MAF flow rate. If they think the airflow is low then it will not allow desired rail pressure to rise.

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
rickbat
Heat Sink

Truck does have a CAI and a new MAF. I have stock pieces i could put it back on.

Any reference of what i should see on the scanner when pressing the accelerator to the floor?

Thanks for the response and good point!

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Durabiopwr
Diesel Fanatic

At an idle with egr off i think its like 45 grams/s. Cruising down the road at 55mph flat and level its like 110grams/s. Full throttle depends on tune. I think mine at full throttle pulls around 400grams/s. Some reference points for you anyways. It should rise very quickly when your getting up to speed. My truck will occasionally 'hang up' where the reading is only half of what it should be and when it does this it has almost no power. Once the reading is correct and the computer sees the correct number it will allow fueling as per the tune table.
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
rickbat
Heat Sink

scan1.jpg
Scan2.jpg
Chevrolet-Silverado-2002-September 13 2019.csv

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 09-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
rickbat
Heat Sink

MAF is in LB/Min vs Grams/sec. Did not see a way to change that in the scanner. But seemed to go from around 5 to 14 if i revved it in park. I tried 2 different MAF sensors both read about the same.

Can also see with foot on brake and throttle at 80% only asking for 7k rail pressure. Acks about the same on steep incline if you give it 100% throttle.

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 09-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Durabiopwr
Diesel Fanatic

5lb/min is about 37grams/sec so right where should be at an idle.

Your manifold pressure (boost) is doing nothing though. Got all sensors hooked back up? your problem changed after you put in new CP3. Before desired was not being met and now desired is equal to acutal but way low. The computer is missing info somewhere to allow fueling. Boost tubes all good? All sensors plugged in? Stuck in limp mode? Just throwing stuff out there.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
rickbat
Heat Sink

As far as i know all sensors are hooked but may need to data log some temps etc to see if bad sensor or wiring. Yeah new pump is keeping up perfect! I agree something is missing for fueling sensor related...

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 09-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
rickbat
Heat Sink

Talked to John Kennedy at Kenny Diesel said look at fuel temp sensor will put into limp mode.

CAI
Bosh injectors at 153K
CP3 New Bosh at 220K
Old 09-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Prairie Ville
Diesel Fanatic

Boost pressure doesnt seem to be changing much as Durabiopwr stated. Looks kind of high for idle if thats the first frame........my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in